FX FX guns WITHOUT POI Shift Issues

Well, that is not always true. I am a great believer in barrel bands, at least the good ones. They absolutely help. No question, but they do shift a bit when bumped. Barrel bands are a Band-Aid, not a fix.
The barrel bands I have are good ones they have rubber pads that go around the barrel,airtube and bottle and once tightened down they will not move

Reactions: Ghostranger169
100% I tried a crown for hunting and it had poi issues so I sold, great gun but that was a big issue for me. Now I recently bought an impact mk2 that is getting gone through and stuff added to help with the poi problems. If all that doesn't work and it's still an issue I will sell it and not get another impact. I just wanted to try a compact in 177 to see for myself to form my opinion. I have owned or own several PCPs that don't have that issue but had to try the impact. I think the drs will probably my next try for a 177 slug gun. I'm not rough on my guns but if they literally change poi when I prop the gun up against a tree that's an issue for me as a hunter.
Look into the CF Sleeve, and the new version front barrel support off an M3. Then make up a small CF spacer to sandwich in between the shroud and the front barrel support and you will have a pretty stable barrel. That will give you a front barrel clamp you can pull against and the shroud will act like a barrel tensioner when screwed down. Other than that the FX and Huma tensioner kits work well, but make things much louder. On both of My Impacts the bottle adapter flexes more than the barrel when I try squeezing them by hand.

Look into the CF Sleeve, and the new version front barrel support off an M3. Then make up a small CF spacer to sandwich in between the shroud and the front barrel support and you will have a pretty stable barrel. That will give you a front barrel clamp you can pull against and the shroud will act like a barrel tensioner when screwed down. Other than that the FX and Huma tensioner kits work well, but make things much louder. On both of My Impacts the bottle adapter flexes more than the barrel when I try squeezing them by hand.
All that is getting done for me

Reactions: MongooseV8
Yeah this…. Maverick VP 600mm 25 caliber RMR/FX hybrid 26 gr 1004fps 100 yards ,out of the box dialed up to 100 and shot. None of my Mavericks shift,
1722713054981.png
1722713339171.jpeg

While I may come across in some topics as being harsh on FX, I still own them. But I know what they are. Or in the case of my DRS, learned what it most likely is. The guts of an Impact offer me what I need for certain things. And this is one of the few bullpup platforms that totally agrees with me for long range shooting in a hunting platform, not a goose gun. I choose to put in the work machining and blueprinting to make the gun consistent. But I also sympathize with guys who drop big coin and think the gun should be more firearm like. The whole time I’ve been participating in this topic, I’ve been stuck in the house on a rainy day picking off sparrows and starlings. My closest shot today was 111 yards, farthest was 174. Haven’t checked the zero on this gun in over a month. And this gun is the dreaded .25. It can be done. But it’s a hobby within a hobby.

I have always loved the Crown. Especially a yellow one. But I’ve never bought one. It’s been enough of a task and burning brain calories keeping up with the FX’s I do own. I’m burnt out for now. All of mine are finally living up to my expectations.

IMG_6213.jpeg

While I may come across in some topics as being harsh on FX, I still own them. But I know what they are. Or in the case of my DRS, learned what it most likely is. The guts of an Impact offer me what I need for certain things. And this is one of the few bullpup platforms that totally agrees with me for long range shooting in a hunting platform, not a goose gun. I choose to put in the work machining and blueprinting to make the gun consistent. But I also sympathize with guys who drop big coin and think the gun should be more firearm like. The whole time I’ve been participating in this topic, I’ve been stuck in the house on a rainy day picking off sparrows and starlings. My closest shot today was 111 yards, farthest was 174. Haven’t checked the zero on this gun in over a month. And this gun is the dreaded .25. It can be done. But it’s a hobby within a hobby.

I have always loved the Crown. Especially a yellow one. But I’ve never bought one. It’s been enough of a task and burning brain calories keeping up with the FX’s I do own. I’m burnt out for now. All of mine are finally living up to my expectations.

View attachment 485295
Looks like your extending your range though your neighbors windows....I do the same thing. Or am I missing something?

Looks like your extending your range though your neighbors windows....I do the same thing. Or am I missing something?
No neighbors in that direction for about mile or so. What’s out that window is a substation and 300 yards of power line. But I can’t shoot to the last pole because the power line runs up a hill. My trajectory has my slugs smack a cross beam in the substation. So from this window I’m limited to right around 200 yards. When I want to shoot further, I have to do it from the bench beside my house. I can do 220 yards out of my dining room window and that’s where I normally shoot and test. But today the power line was active with starlings. Which I haven’t seen in a while.

Reactions: HogKiller
Take out the scope with shift of POI, hit it gently below the tourrets and in the tubes and tourrets with a rubber hammer about 100 strokes.

Turn the vertical tourret all way down and all way up and return to the initial position. Do the same with the derivative tourret.

The hit it again with the rubber hammer, this time just 50 strokes.

Re-zero the rifle.

Shift of POI will be gone !

Cyclone and Royale for me... solid barrels that were free floated...
Impact and Crown were delicate and finicky.
I really liked the balance and ergos on most all I've tried but wouldn't bother owning another FX. All have had poorly engineered bits somewhere in them and if I wanted to work that hard, I'd just buy a Hatsan for a fraction of the price and remanufacture it.

Sticking to my EVOL and a couple of Daystates now.

I really liked the balance and ergos on most all I've tried but wouldn't bother owning another FX. All have had poorly engineered bits somewhere in them and if I wanted to work that hard, I'd just buy a Hatsan for a fraction of the price and remanufacture it.

How do you like your evol?

Stress free living. No topics like this to seek out for help or reassurance. You must be crazy.

Reactions: Dairyboy
How do you like your evol?
Not to go off topic too much but it's one that will likely be with me to the end. Awesome trigger, very strong, well balanced (depending on furniture), VERY well designed in about every way I value... expensive - but worth it...
Mine hasn't been perfect... it's a very early one with old style gauge and short scope rail, but Tom has been good about providing upgrades if needed and for what its intended use is, nothing I've seen is better. It gets shot more than anything else I have in it's current form (177 @ 19 ft lb), and in its original form(22 - 15" barrel), was about perfect for smallish game and thrashing around in the forest and desert. VERY accurate and dependable...

Bob