FX HAS MY GUN

Who has guns @ FX REPAIR

• Total voters
As a gunsmith, for powder burners mind you, it amazes me the customers that will bring me things to repair that they can easily do themselves, even with zero knowledge. Sometimes I even tell them so and inform them that they would be wasting their money to have me do it but they still insist. Had a guy that told me he was uncomfortable putting new grips on a pistol (it was 2 screws).I know this doesn't help the folks that already sent their gun to FX, but I imagine that alot of those repairs fall in the same category. Seals are a big culprit in airgun malfunctions and can easily be measured, ordered and replaced.
You make a good point and I don’t put myself into the unable to change grips category. I’m capable of many various tradesmen’s tasks and spent many years building custom furniture and cabinets. With that said I don’t find the same confidence jumping into repairs on my Daystate or my previous FX Crown like I have in the past jumping into projects I had minimal knowledge and experience with. I’ve only been shooting PCP airguns for 4 years and the FX Crown came just before covid and some other issues so I only recently started shooting more. I hope to acquire the knowledge and confidence to do more as time goes on. At least if I F something up AoA is just 21 miles away 😂.

Reactions: TheBeardedGunsmith