FX HAS MY GUN

Who has guns @ FX REPAIR

• Total voters
FX had to go thru the stages to regain control of "FX-USA" and its assets, they couldn't cease their operations until court filings and proceedings were all complete, which we're just now seeing results from...FX Sweden had their hands tied due to how Johnathon had set everything up, this is even outlined in the very long detailed filings.

-Matt

Sincerely hoping for the best for you and others with guns in FX-USA's hands !

Even when things were good I couldn't fathom mailing my rifle off to anyone. Too many potential bad outcomes. That's just my neurosis though. I don't blame anyone for seeking what was considered to be reputable service.
Sorry for the OP's bad luck:cautious:.

But I've always considered myself to be (all) my airgun's Lifetime Warranty. The shipping alone pays for the parts .....

Last edited:
No, they are in receivership. Which means they auction-off everything in the building (including the building) to pay off their creditors.

To get your gun back, figure out who the "receiver" is, and contact them.
FX had to go thru the stages to regain control of "FX-USA" and its assets, they couldn't cease their operations until court filings and proceedings were all complete, which we're just now seeing results from...FX Sweden had their hands tied due to how Johnathon had set everything up, this is even outlined in the very long detailed filings.

-Matt
The “It is out of our hands, We don’t have hands” argument is so lame!! Fx customers are not HVAC contractors or other creditors. Just someone on the ground to answer questions and fix the situation. Lack of understanding.

The “It is out of our hands, We don’t have hands” argument is so lame!! Fx customers are not HVAC contractors or other creditors. Just someone on the ground to answer questions and fix the situation. Lack of understanding.

Think you're misinterpreting the complexity of what was and is going on, ya know...the bigger picture...but that is just based on your response "Just someone on the ground to answer questions and fix the situation"..and the "argument is so lame"..

I am not arguing, nor will I with you on this.

-Matt

No, they are in receivership. Which means they auction-off everything in the building (including the building) to pay off their creditors.

To get your gun back, figure out who the "receiver" is, and contact them.
This is a worst case scenario:
Hopefully you have your SN and proof of purchase. The receiver will need that to release you weapon to you. Otherwise, it will be sold to pay creditors. They are not going to ship it to you, you will have to go get it or hire a freight forwarding company to pick it up, pack it, and ship it to you. Since the FXUSA is in receivership and is under the control of the courts, FX Sweden has no say in what happens to inventory on hand, this includes weapons there for repair.

I hope this does not come to pass. I saw a similar occurrence here when a car repair shop went into receivership. The court appointed an individual to liquidate everything to pay debtors. Anyone having a car there or who had ordered parts via the defunct dealer had to show proof of ownership or a receipt where they had paid for a part. No problem on ownership, they just showed their vehicle registration. Parts was another story. Many folks could not prove payment for ordered parts and they were liquidated by the receiver. I wish everyone who has a weapon there, who has ordered and paid for parts or who has purchased a new weapon from them, the best of luck.

Last edited:
Hopefully you have your SN and proof of purchase. The receiver will need that to release you weapon to you. Otherwise, it will be sold to pay creditors. They are not going to ship it to you, you will have to go get it or hire a freight forwarding company to pick it up, pack it, and ship it to you. Since the FXUSA is in receivership and is under the control of the courts, FX Sweden has not say in what happens to inventory on hand, this includes weapons there for repair.

I hope this does not come to pass. I saw a similar occurrence here when a car repair shop went into receivership. The court appointed an individual to liquidate everything to pay debtors. Anyone having a car there or who had ordered parts via the defunct dealer had to show proof of ownership or a receipt where they had paid for a part. No problem on ownership, they just showed their vehicle registration. Parts was another story. Many folks could not prove payment for ordered parts and they were liquidated by the receiver. I wish everyone who has a weapon there, who has ordered and paid for parts and who has purchased a new weapon from them, the best of luck.
"Weapon"....?

FX USA LLC is responsible for warranty work on the items they imported and sold through their retailers. FX Sweden is a separate entity. Every gun that FX USA sold has an amount dedicated to warranty repairs. Customers pay for their included warranty. FX Sweden did not collect that money, nor did Utah. It would be nice if Sweden opted to pay Utah to extend warranty support to guns in question out of goodwill. A company with 2.7 mil annual profit that just took 6 mil in the shorts may have a hard time just surviving.
When I was a Kawasaki dealer, Kawasaki Japan was not responsible for warranty repairs., that fell on Kawasaki USA.

Lol. My kids do this and I tell em, "well now youre just arguing about not arguing."

I didn't present any arguments, not even the originally quoted post? Even responding here is not an argument. Making statements about the situation is only an argument if you disagree then, you're the one arguing.

Look this isn't an argument.

An argument is a collective series of statements in order to establish a definite proposition!

:LOL: sorry, couldn't help myself.

FX USA LLC is responsible for warranty work on the items they imported and sold through their retailers. FX Sweden is a separate entity. Every gun that FX USA sold has an amount dedicated to warranty repairs. Customers pay for their included warranty. FX Sweden did not collect that money, nor did Utah. It would be nice if Sweden opted to pay Utah to extend warranty support to guns in question out of goodwill. A company with 2.7 mil annual profit that just took 6 mil in the shorts may have a hard time just surviving.
When I was a Kawasaki dealer, Kawasaki Japan was not responsible for warranty repairs., that fell on Kawasaki USA.
The responsibility for warranty work is a matter of the specific franchise or dealer agreement. Often warranty work is done by "authorized agents" of the maker, usually a dealer, or master dealer. The dealer has no legal liability for the warranty but is authorized to do the work. Often, as with car dealers, a supply of parts is available. As far as I can tell, there is no industry standard when it comes to air guns. Your dealer may have parts and factory training for repairs, or, he might offer only an address in Germany or England! I've dealt with both types, and it pays to have a discussion about it.
My guess, the bank debt may force FX USA into bankruptcy, which could have numerous outcomes. I have no idea whether FX Sweden can absorb a $5M charge off. From the court filing, it appears there should be at least partial recovery available through asset liquidations.

Reactions: GrimJay
Hopefully you have your SN and proof of purchase. The receiver will need that to release you weapon to you. Otherwise, it will be sold to pay creditors. They are not going to ship it to you, you will have to go get it or hire a freight forwarding company to pick it up, pack it, and ship it to you. Since the FXUSA is in receivership and is under the control of the courts, FX Sweden has not say in what happens to inventory on hand, this includes weapons there for repair.

Often credit card companies can step in to help. Given this is a repair and not a new purchase, they might be more reluctant to help. But if you made the purchase with a credit card and it wasn't too long ago, they can likely give you some sound advice and maybe save you lawyer expenses.

When I had to deal with a receivership, my credit card company handled all tricky the details, thankfully. But that was just to get my money back on a new purchase.

In Canada, receiverships are easier to deal with than bankruptcies. Because there's clear targets to go after.

Reactions: ChRiSiS
@Keyman62421
Maybe you can contact legal counsel and get some information.
IMG_0984.png