Fx impact m3 or m4? If you're going to buy an impact?

Cela dépend de ce que vous prévoyez d'en faire. Dans mon cas, je ne voudrais pas échanger mon M3 contre un M4 car je bénéficie des deux régulateurs. Mon M3 est un .22 de 700 mm avec le deuxième régulateur à un peu plus de 70 bars, réglé pour tirer des plombs de 18 gr. Avec le M4, je perdrais le premier régulateur, de sorte que le seul régulateur de cette arme doit passer d'une pression de remplissage de 250 bars à une pression de travail d'un peu plus de 70 bars.

Si je devais choisir un .25 ou un .30, ce serait un M4. Pas besoin de deux régulateurs dans les registres de puissance supérieure.
C'est ce que font beaucoup de carabine FX et autres marques.Passer de 300 ou 250 bars à 70 bars sans souci.Mais FX ne fait pas d'efforts sur ses régulateurs, merci à huma air d'en faire.Dommage que FX n'ai pas aussi changé son support de pousse plombs faible.Merci à kraford également.Je pense que FX aurait pu pousser l'optimisation de la M3 et sortir une m4 optimale........

Screenshot_2024-07-26-08-29-07-701_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-07-26-08-27-07-754_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

After reading all the comments I see a lot of "M3 First Reg Benefits" being a hot topic. Lets clarify one very important fact! The Impact only ever needed a first regulator for high power because of the inferior plastic reg pistons of the AMP first gen regulator. Now that the current AMP reg uses a brass piston (Thank You Huma.. Lol) the first reg is pointless. The new AMP regulator can more than handle 300bar as proven by the Panthera, Dynamic, and DRS. Compounded by the FACT that the majority of M3 leaks are the first reg gauge setup (#1 common leak point on an M3). I'll also remind you that when the M3 was initially released without the improvements in power and efficiency of the Power Block upgrade, it didn't shoot any better than a well tuned MK2. It's all good though, some people like Vanilla, some chocolate, and others strawberry. I personally am a fan of fewer leaks so my choice of MK2 with upgrades over M3 makes sense to me. "Life is like a closet full of Impacts.. ya never know what you're gonna get till you've owned one".. :)

Tom

I've owned several of each Impact model but there's no need to break down the differences between each model...

For only a $200 difference (when buying new), why would anyone consider buying the older M3? I have two very nice M3's that I love but I know that at least one (if not both) will be replaced by an M4 in the near future.
I agree with the price that close and a few little upgrades I’d have to get the m4

Reactions: Rizz01
I've owned several of each Impact model but there's no need to break down the differences between each model...

For only a $200 difference (when buying new), why would anyone consider buying the older M3? I have two very nice M3's that I love but I know that at least one (if not both) will be replaced by an M4 in the near future.

Can you pm me . I’d like a ss bolt kit

I just got my m4 in .22 but I didn't have a m3 I figured I might as well get the newest model.
I'll trade you my 0.25 M3 for your 0.22 M4; even trade...you don't even have to add any money on your end! Mine is 0.25, which is bigger than 0.22; bigger = better! Mine has TWO regs while yours only has 1; 2 is better than 1!

Call me and we'll swap mailing addresses.

In my opinion the reason for only one reg in the m4 is because most impact owners are interested in slugs and higher power which negates the need for stepping down the pressure. I love my m3 but would probably get the m4 if I didn't have one just because it's the newest design. I have my regs set at 150 and 70bar. works very well keeping the es low. M3 .22 600mm. 18gr JSB, 916 fps average, 200+ shots on 250 bar fill.

18.jpg

In my opinion the reason for only one reg in the m4 is because most impact owners are interested in slugs and higher power which negates the need for stepping down the pressure. I love my m3 but would probably get the m4 if I didn't have one just because it's the newest design. I have my regs set at 150 and 70bar. works very well keeping the es low. M3 .22 600mm. 18gr JSB, 916 fps average, 200+ shots on 250 bar fill.

View attachment 485503
Spot on. The 2 regs really only offer some benefit when running a low operating reg pressure 👍

I don't much about impacts at all. I have a mk2 compact in 25cal that I sent to a guy on these forums and he did a complete tear down and reseal of the gun,did stainless screws instead and we added some aftermarket things to help with poi changes issues. He also replaced the plastic which was bad with the brass reg part. It's a great gun very accurate with 34s at 895. It will stay a pellet gun and I will never put another barrel on it. I did the slug thing in 22 and it was fun but meh for what I do pellets are great. I would like a little 177 slugger but not in an impact of any year. You have to do or have someone to do many things to make it hunting first shot reliable and consistent. My experience is only with one I love the gun and it's accurate.

Jon

Reactions: coastal drifter
I don't much about impacts at all. I have a mk2 compact in 25cal that I sent to a guy on these forums and he did a complete tear down and reseal of the gun,did stainless screws instead and we added some aftermarket things to help with poi changes issues. He also replaced the plastic which was bad with the brass reg part. It's a great gun very accurate with 34s at 895. It will stay a pellet gun and I will never put another barrel on it. I did the slug thing in 22 and it was fun but meh for what I do pellets are great. I would like a little 177 slugger but not in an impact of any year. You have to do or have someone to do many things to make it hunting first shot reliable and consistent. My experience is only with one I love the gun and it's accurate.

Jon
I had the original S/T .25 600mm 34gr 900fps, was a laser, and now the M3 .22 600mm again a laser. 2nd reg set at 70bar and gettin 200+ shots on reg with 18gr. 900fps+-
I love them both.

I've had (have) 4 Impacts: M1, M2, and M3. I can't think of any reason to buy an M4. They all are capable of spitting out projectiles at up to sonic speed, so what are you gaining?? Personally, I like my M2 the best because it does what I want without the added complexity of the newer models. Since I bought it 5 or 6 years ago, I set it up to shoot .30 cal pellets at 100 yards and never touched it since despite the lure of all those twangy-thangy adjustment knobs. You have to decide whether you want to shoot or be an experimenter.

I've had (have) 4 Impacts: M1, M2, and M3. I can't think of any reason to buy an M4. They all are capable of spitting out projectiles at up to sonic speed, so what are you gaining?? Personally, I like my M2 the best because it does what I want without the added complexity of the newer models. Since I bought it 5 or 6 years ago, I set it up to shoot .30 cal pellets at 100 yards and never touched it since despite the lure of all those twangy-thangy adjustment knobs. You have to decide whether you want to shoot or be an experimenter.
Thats how its done