FX Impact M3 slug setup

Hey Guys,

I have an FX impact M3 (.25 cal) 700 that I just added the Heavy liner to so I can start using slugs primarily. I’d like to keep the slugs to 37g and under(want to maximize shot count). The M3 is outfitted with full size backbone, carbon fiber liner sleeve, heavy liner, 700cc Airmarksman tank and other exterior furniture. I do not have the power tune kit or anything like that. I just shot the 33gr ZAN and 33.5 NSA’s. Both are ok, the grouping was a little sloppy @35yds and I want to clean it up some. I’ve got the ZANs @ 938-944fps on the chronograph, 10 shot spread.

Front reg is at 195
Rear reg is at 135
Micro is at 16
Macro is at 4.5
And valve on line 4

Do I need to speed it up for a better grouping? Do I need to go to a larger grain slug? I do hear the .25 likes bigger slugs, not sure if it’s true.

Is there a better more accurate brand?

Just seeing what you guys have to say.

Thanks,

Justin

From what I understand about the FX dual reg setup, shouldn't the difference between the 2 regs be no more than 30 bar? I've seen pro shooters run it out to 40 or 50 bar difference. I'm not "nitpicking" but just would like to hear your reasoning for a 60 bar spread...
As far as a more accurate brand; You can take suggestions but ultimately it's up to you to find out what your gun likes.. It looks like you're using the 2 favorites in the airgun world.

From what I understand about the FX dual reg setup, shouldn't the difference between the 2 regs be no more than 30 bar? I've seen pro shooters run it out to 40 or 50 bar difference. I'm not "nitpicking" but just would like to hear your reasoning for a 60 bar spread...
As far as a more accurate brand; You can take suggestions but ultimately it's up to you to find out what your gun likes.. It looks like you're using the 2 favorites in the airgun world.
Interesting my recollection on the regulator spread was keep it above 40. That way the front will fill the rear faster. Am I wrong?

Reactions: Rizz01
Sir, I am familiar with this and evidently there is a method to your madness...... Folks often go back and forth on that issue for various reasons. Just wanted YOUR take on it. (y)
Anyway, if you're having issues at 35 yards you've got quite a bit of tuning to do. There are guys shooting those exact slugs in the 950 to 970 range.. I spoke with one guy who was having a similar issue and it all got straightened out after 950 fps.
Hope this helps....

I think a lot of people shooting heavy slugs eliminate the first reg. Also seem to shoot them above 960fps. My M3 is .22 and I have shot the 27gr H&Ns @ 960-970 as accurate as pellets At 65 yards. I dont really need to shoot slugs was just trying them out. Now im back to pellets (18gr). Better efficiency and cheaper to shoot in my yard.

Reactions: Rizz01