N/A FX Impact M4 or something else?

Thanks much 🤩😇

Only thing I added to the new M4 is the Hawke scope and a laser sight for second/different range so i could switch from say 10 yard to 20 yard on the fly without adjusting anything. I'll keep the setup as light and agile as possible so I won't even add bi-pod or any other accessories. :LOL:

461637593_1262933881566230_3464770973693394234_n.jpg

Reactions: athlon_oved
Sweet. Yea i really like the light trigger and kept it. I bought this trigger and it came in today. I like it a lot. You can really tell when it's going to beak a lot easier.

That trigger is pretty cool. I had to adjust the safety trigger to make sure it engaged and in the proper stop position when it's cocked as well, the safety switch was deactivated or shifted after i moved the 2nd stage screw from first to 3rd (Hunter) position.

When the trigger was feather light initially, it felt very unsafe and nerve wrecking...almost seems like bumping the gun a little too hard could set off the trigger when the safe wasn't on.

Thanks much 🤩😇

Only thing I added to the new M4 is the Hawke scope and a laser sight for second/different range so i could switch from say 10 yard to 20 yard on the fly without adjusting anything. I'll keep the setup as light and agile as possible so I won't even add bi-pod or any other accessories. :LOL:

View attachment 501613
Sweet setup, adding a bipod woukd definitely pork her up… She is not going to be satisfied shooting at 20 yards, and will demand you put her to the test. So I expect you’ll be posting up some 50+ yards shooting goodness soon. Those magazines are huge, would love to see pics of them in the gun. Congrats again on your M4…🙏

• Love
Reactions: Xcaliber
Sweet setup, adding a bipod woukd definitely pork her up… She is not going to be satisfied shooting at 20 yards, and will demand you put her to the test. So I expect you’ll be posting up some 50+ yards shooting goodness soon. Those magazines are huge, would love to see pics of them in the gun. Congrats again on your M4…🙏
I'll definitely take her out to 50~100 yard soon :-D

Shooting few magazines of leads with the default tune: JSB 18gr, H&N Baracuda 21gr, and CPHP 14gr.

This is the entire magazine with 28 consecutive shots all went into the same hole at wimpy 15 yard
20241004_001433.jpg

The Eagle Vision slug magazine works fine with all the pellets i've tested, work just as well as the FX plastic one, it's aluminum tho, and feels a lot more solid but other than that they works the same, haven't try slugs in them yet.

20241004_001851_resize.jpg
20241004_002053_resize.jpg

All three type of pellets that I've tested thus far yield the same accuracy result, no flyer or stray. JSB 18 is about the same speed as tested by Bin, around 930fps, while the H&N Baracuda Match 21gr was 854fps on average, and the CPHP 14gr was 1011fps on average which is way too hot but still no flyer, at least not at the range I'm flinging them at.

The side level cocking mechanism is buttery smooth compared to the Notos and Avenge X, this thing simply glide into place with one finger effortlessly, very short throw/travel. The M4 is a pleasure and fun to shoot.....It's kinda absurd at such a short distance and absolutely didn't do it justice, at any rate....I guess THIS is how most FX owners felt like to stack leads one after another, but at much longer distance than mine obviously. 😂

Compared the Stock Can to the Terminador Weener Dawg, the stock can is so much quieter, a lot lighter, shorter, and slimmer. Not going to waste my time or money to try anything else, it's VERY effective as is.

20241004_005509_resize.jpg

How many shots would you considered fully break-in? 500 shots ought to do it?

Loving the Impact M4 so far, very refined engineering and workmanship, it's fantastic! 🥳:love:

Last edited:
That trigger is pretty cool. I had to adjust the safety trigger to make sure it engaged and in the proper stop position when it's cocked as well, the safety switch was deactivated or shifted after i moved the 2nd stage screw from first to 3rd (Hunter) position.

When the trigger was feather light initially, it felt very unsafe and nerve wrecking...almost seems like bumping the gun a little too hard could set off the trigger when the safe wasn't on

Thanks much 🤩😇

View attachment 501613
keeping it light is nice. these things can get super heavy when you start adding accessories. upwards of 14 + lbs. what you have there looks awesome :)

Shooting few magazines of leads with the default tune: JSB 18gr, H&N Baracuda 21gr, and CPHP 14gr.

This is the entire magazine with 28 consecutive shots all went into the same hole at wimpy 15 yard
View attachment 501652

The Eagle Vision slug magazine works fine with all the pellets i've tested, work just as well as the FX plastic one, it's aluminum tho, and feels a lot more solid but other than that they works the same, haven't try slugs in them yet.

View attachment 501651View attachment 501650

All three type of pellets that I've tested thus far yield the same accuracy result, no flyer or stray. JSB 18 is about the same speed as tested by Bin, around 930fps, while the H&N Baracuda Match 21gr was 854fps on average, and the CPHP 14gr was 1011fps on average which is way too hot but still no flyer, at least not at the range I'm flinging them at.

The side level cocking mechanism is buttery smooth compared to the Notos and Avenge X, this thing simply glide into place with one finger effortlessly, very short throw/travel. The M4 is a pleasure and fun to shoot.....It's kinda absurd at such a short distance and absolutely didn't do it justice, at any rate....I guess THIS is how most FX owners felt like to stack leads one after another, but at much longer distance than mine obviously. 😂

Compared the Stock Can to the Terminador Weener Dawg, the stock can is so much quieter, a lot lighter, shorter, and slimmer. Not going to waste my time or money to try anything else, it's VERY effective as is.

View attachment 501657

How many shots would you considered fully break-in? 500 shots ought to do it?

Loving the Impact M4 so far, very refined engineering and workmanship, it's fantastic! 🥳:love:
I never had a "break in period" with any gun I've ever owned. I've heard people talk about that and "seasoning a barrel". I've never ran into those kinds of issues before.
TBH and no disrespect to anyone but I always thought that they were FoS.
I've reloaded powder burners since I was 16, I'm now 49. I've never ran into this issue with those either. I shoot a lot.
I'm just sayin.

I think they might be taking reg settling maybe. Idk I have an mk2 with the new brass not the pos plastic reg parts. It's 1000% better. I just got a k1 and in the manual it's states 500 shots to "settle" reg but it's been solid. Out of all my air rifles it would be the last to go. It's that impressive. My avenge x reg constantly creeps a couple hundred psi or so when sitting. It's an accurate gun but the Tupperware stock is pure pos. Thinking of making it a bullpup. I love the impact but I'm not a switch barrel type guy. Once it's tuned it's staying that way. I would like a m4 in another compact in 22.

I think they might be taking reg settling maybe. Idk I have an mk2 with the new brass not the pos plastic reg parts. It's 1000% better. I just got a k1 and in the manual it's states 500 shots to "settle" reg but it's been solid. Out of all my air rifles it would be the last to go. It's that impressive. My avenge x reg constantly creeps a couple hundred psi or so when sitting. It's an accurate gun but the Tupperware stock is pure pos. Thinking of making it a bullpup. I love the impact but I'm not a switch barrel type guy. Once it's tuned it's staying that way. I would like a m4 in another compact in 22.
That's cool man. I would have an issue if there was reg creep though. it would drive me nuts and would have to be fixed. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I'm tempted to send this avenge back and get my money back
do you think they could fix the leak? I mean if you like the gun why get rid of it? or call them and see if there's anything you can try. they're really good shooters from what I've seen on the Tube, super impressive. once the manufactures figure out how to get them perfect. FX and the like are gonna be in deep S*** because they are a lot cheaper.

do you think they could fix the leak? I mean if you like the gun why get rid of it? or call them and see if there's anything you can try. they're really good shooters from what I've seen on the Tube, super impressive. once the manufactures figure out how to get them perfect. FX and the like are gonna be in deep S*** because they are a lot cheaper.
I don't know they might be able to but it shoots really good with pellets and slugs but the point of impact changes due to the stock that's why I was thinking about getting a conversion

That's cool man. I would have an issue if there was reg creep though. it would drive me nuts and would have to be fixed. :ROFLMAO:
I read it previously that explained one of the reason for reg creep that has to do with environmental temperature fluctuation, when someone up north in Alaska filled their gun in room temperature at 70 degree, then took it outside hunting when it was freezing, the plenum air pressure/temp dropped, so the reg allowed a little more air in so it would reach the set bar/psi, but when they took the gun back indoor....after the temperature rises, now that extra air in the plenum that the reg let in previously while outdoor end up expanding, resulting in "reg creep".

rookie question, the FX manual said to never shoot below 100 bar, if the reg is set at say 80 bar....can you still shoot till the bottle pressure drop down to 80 bar?

What is the reason we shouldn't shoot below 100 bar, or below the reg pressure? and what kind of damage or hard would occur?
I don't what kind of damage it could do. I've heard not to shoot it much past the 2nd reg pressure. I'm not sure if anyone knows, for sure, except FX or the person / s that have actually done it and experienced any negative effects, if any.
I would like to know myself from someone that's actually done it.
I can tell you this though. I degas them by screwing off the bottle and shooting once or twice on an empty chamber until i start to hear the gun depressurize itself.
There is a difference people telling you that knows and the ones that are just in an echo camber, I'm afraid.

I don't know they might be able to but it shoots really good with pellets and slugs but the point of impact changes due to the stock that's why I was thinking about getting a conversion
you could sell it and get you something else then.
One option would be: a lot of good used guns on here for sale all the time,
I think i saw like 2 and possibly 4 used fx impact MK ii coming up for sale in the classified section. I think they are all 30 cals though

I don't what kind of damage it could do. I've heard not to shoot it much past the 2nd reg pressure. I'm not sure if anyone knows, for sure, except FX or the person / s that have actually done it and experienced any negative effects, if any.
I would like to know myself from someone that's actually done it.
I can tell you this though. I degas them by screwing off the bottle and shooting once or twice on an empty chamber until i start to hear the gun depressurize itself.
There is a difference people telling you that knows and the ones that are just in an echo camber, I'm afraid.
I did some research, from what I gathered.....when the pressure dropped off the reg and if we keep shooting, the hammer spring eventually would overpower the valve when there wasn't enough resistant for push back and lack of "cushioning", there's a potential risk of damaging the valve stem and/or the hammer spring system when it bottomed out. I guess it kinda makes sense, but just to be safe i'm going to follow the instruction from FX and avoid shooting below 100 bar :LOL: 😁

I did some research, from what I gathered.....when the pressure dropped off the reg and if we keep shooting, the hammer spring eventually would overpower the valve when there wasn't enough resistant for push back and lack of "cushioning", there's a potential risk of damaging the valve stem and/or the hammer spring system when it bottomed out. I guess it kinda makes sense, but just to be safe i'm going to follow the instruction from FX and avoid shooting below 100 bar :LOL: 😁
Yup. It's the best thing to do, i believe. 😀

Having 28 shots mag from the M4 is great, still plowed through the pellets rather quickly but it's so much better now, I don't think I could ever put up with 10~12 shots capacity again. :LOL: 😝

Having two mags is pretty good, but it's even better to have a few extras, found some on etsy....two mags for $40 which is a steal, don't know how they hold up but i guess i'll find out: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1730812618/fx-impact-m3-m4-magazine-2-pcs?ref=yr_purchases