FX Fx impact m4, why did they got rid of 1st reg?

Not saying their regs are trash. All regs will need service at some point. Is what it is. The fx are probably the most challenging and difficult ones to do on the market. There are two Oring’s in the process that will test your patience. Hence why you don’t want two. Most regs are straight forward and don’t have buried tiny orings you can’t hardly see.
I agree they are hard to get to, the trick is not to damage them. I owned one of the original Impacts .25 (gen1) when AOA sold FX and I never changed a single Oring in 4 years and countless pellets. I didnt mess with it much (tuning) the first couple years as it shot the .25gr JSBs lights out. Eventually I tuned it for the 34s around 910fps before Power Plenums were a thing. I sold it a while later and tryed other guns. The thing I like most about the power plenum is the low reg settings and great shot count. I own the M3 now .22 and so far so good for me.

Totally agree with this. Those south African boys never talk in their videos about poi shift or reg creeps or leaks, on their guns at all. They will only show the best groups and all the hits at long range to get normal folks with little knowledge thinking if they get the impact they will have the same result. Then found out they get problems with their impacts lmao.

I didn't know fx reg are trash. I think their guns 2k means it's like top of the line with little problems. If they do put trash reg in their guns, I would see a problem dealing with 2 trash reg needing maintenance. I guess that's why they have huma regs for the impact.
On my previous M2 I went from FX reg to Huma and back to FX reg. I don't understand why HUMA made the adjustment screw out of the softest metal with the shallowest of surfaces but it wasn't good.

Reactions: coastal drifter
The older AMP regulators do not respond as fast or reset as fast as the new model AMP regulators.

As such, when you pull the trigger on a 30 cal M3 with a 700 mm barrel you are shoving, at a minimum, 31.92 cc's of air down the barrel at 850 to 950 fps. 31.92 cc's is 44.33% of the 720 plenum volume.

With two fast responding regulators, the plenum pressure control regulator will open, lowering the supply line pressure which opens the step down regulator which will increase supply line pressure lowering the differential pressure across the plenum pressure control regulator causing it to throttle close which in turn raises the supply line pressure causing the step down regulator to throttle close and this oscillation will continue with the regulators fighting each other until the plenum refills to the set pressure or we crank off another shot and make it worse.

When you run two pressure reducing regulators in series it is best to reduce the response of one to reduce the oscillations.

Apparently wth the old regulators one couldn't handle the load fast enough so two slower regulators were needed in series. Slow enough not to fight each other.

It will be interesting to see the performance of two fast responding AMP regulators in series. My bet is the plenum will fill to a bit higher pressure between shots.

Reactions: josh9465
Totally agree with this. Those south African boys never talk in their videos about poi shift or reg creeps or leaks, on their guns at all. They will only show the best groups and all the hits at long range to get normal folks with little knowledge thinking if they get the impact they will have the same result. Then found out they get problems with their impacts lmao.

I didn't know fx reg are trash. I think their guns 2k means it's like top of the line with little problems. If they do put trash reg in their guns, I would see a problem dealing with 2 trash reg needing maintenance. I guess that's why they have huma regs for the impact.
I've had my m3 since nov of 2021 and it's never leaked or never had not even .1 of a bar of loss or creep. I have digial guages in every location. That's been my experience so far.

Reactions: coastal drifter
I've had my m3 since nov of 2021 and it's never leaked or never had not even .1 of a bar of loss or creep. I have digial guages in every location. That's been my experience so far.
one thing I do have to say. Them removing the first reg was stupid. I run 300bar bottles only. it states on the gun not to exceed 250 bar. well that means either I now have to purchase some 250 bar bottles, or I have to spend more money to put a regulator on the gun, if it's possible on the m4, like the M3. I think this was a poop move by FX honestly.