FX Fx impact m4, why did they got rid of 1st reg?

No the point is to see how well the gun works with 1 reg hes dropping stuff left and right and you can see the tune
It’s a video and there’s editing. Guys get confused and think it’s live action. Even I could make an average gun look great if I make a video about it. All my misses get edited out. Oops, chronograph spit out some weird numbers, let’s try that again. Gun shoots it’s best numbers between 220b in the bottle down to 190b, so let’s do all the shooting between those numbers but don’t mention it. Until it sinks in that watching this stuff is a waste of time, there will be victims and disappointment. But another gun is sold and it’s a win for manufacturers.

And he probably said the same praises about the M3 over the MKll. So don’t watch.
Lol….so true. I can’t remember which fx slappie said that he was glad they got rid of the first reg but if you go back praised it when the Maverick and m3 hit. Just another marketing gimmick. Companies do it all the time. They come up with some new little gimmick to make people want the latest version of their product. I was heavily into archery for a long time and this was so apparent there. Solo cam…..no cam….double track cam to stop cam lean…shoot through riser ….etc etc.

Actually I don't plan to run 170 or close to that pressure. I know huma makes regs for the impact that can handle that kind of pressure or even higher. My point on the dual reg is not about trying to run high pressure. But it is about running lower pressure. Example I want to put a 300 bar 580cc bottle for more shots. And I want to set the reg to about 110-120 bar. The reg would have to deal with a 300 bar fill and regulating it down to 110 bar. That seem a lot. I would prefer to have dual reg so the 1st reg can drop the 300 bar down to say 150 bar. Then 2nd reg will only deal with 150 bar down to 110 bar. Well that is my understanding of how the dual reg is supposed to be for.
I know there are numerous 300 bar fill guns that only have one reg. I have a Vulcan that fills to 300 on a single reg. Now granted that reg looks like a Mack truck compared to the peanut sized fx amp. No idea if that plays a role in its toughness but they are damn tiny. I wasn’t being facetious in my first post about you will only want one when they fail. Any reg will fail at some point and the amps are 110% royal PIA to service. Hate to have to do it doubly often.

It’s a video and there’s editing. Guys get confused and think it’s live action. Even I could make an average gun look great if I make a video about it. All my misses get edited out. Oops, chronograph spit out some weird numbers, let’s try that again. Gun shoots it’s best numbers between 220b in the bottle down to 190b, so let’s do all the shooting between those numbers but don’t mention it. Until it sinks in that watching this stuff is a waste of time, there will be victims and disappointment. But another gun is sold and it’s a win for manufacturers.
Totally agree with this. Those south African boys never talk in their videos about poi shift or reg creeps or leaks, on their guns at all. They will only show the best groups and all the hits at long range to get normal folks with little knowledge thinking if they get the impact they will have the same result. Then found out they get problems with their impacts lmao.
I know there are numerous 300 bar fill guns that only have one reg. I have a Vulcan that fills to 300 on a single reg. Now granted that reg looks like a Mack truck compared to the peanut sized fx amp. No idea if that plays a role in its toughness but they are damn tiny. I wasn’t being facetious in my first post about you will only want one when they fail. Any reg will fail at some point and the amps are 110% royal PIA to service. Hate to have to do it doubly often.
I didn't know fx reg are trash. I think their guns 2k means it's like top of the line with little problems. If they do put trash reg in their guns, I would see a problem dealing with 2 trash reg needing maintenance. I guess that's why they have huma regs for the impact.

Lol….so true. I can’t remember which fx slappie said that he was glad they got rid of the first reg but if you go back praised it when the Maverick and m3 hit. Just another marketing gimmick. Companies do it all the time. They come up with some new little gimmick to make people want the latest version of their product. I was heavily into archery for a long time and this was so apparent there. Solo cam…..no cam….double track cam to stop cam lean…shoot through riser ….etc etc.
Yes. In the 90’s Mathews perimeter weighted their single cam. I told Matt that he needs to develop a dual cam bow and perimeter weight them. He said we are Mathews Solocam, not going to happen. But it eventually did when they ran out of ideas for their flagship bows.

As far as the amount of regs debate goes, both ways work and they both have drawbacks. If a guy truly understands regs and how various pressures influence them, then he knows what he wants or needs. Some guns/pellet/slug and most importantly the shooters standards are just fine with one reg. There is no right or wrong here.

I wont buy one or use one i was just making a point that it works trust me not a fan was just trying to help with your choice since you were having trouble

I wont buy one or use one i was just making a point that it works trust me not a fan was just trying to help with your choice since you were having trouble
I’m not having any trouble, I think the OP is. I’m not buying one because my M3’s are dialed. But if a M4 fell in my lap, after a couple hours of new gun disassembly and prep, I would know after one shooting session if I was ordering a first reg and gauge for it. For what I like to see across a full fill to refill range and what I expect out of a slug gun at both extremes, it may or it may not. I hopefully will never know.

I got the M3 because of its capability of being filled to 300 bar when it's paired with the correct bottle.

im.jpg

Reactions: mubhaur
I’ll let you guys ponder this. So the little brass piston saved the day. One little part that every reg on the planet has made out of brass. So FX completely reengineered the block, then designed a bottle reg to go into the new block. Then a new valve for the bottle. And all it took was a little brass piston to fix everything. Do you believe they were too dumb or lazy to just make their plastic piston brass so they reengineered the gun?

The answer is no. I personally believe two regs are better if you don’t let them spin you. I think they figured out they aren’t necessary for the masses. So why give the average lump what he will most likely never realize he needs. And the cool thing is if a guy does get there, the gun will still accept a first reg.

I believe most who purchase an Impact are buying it for the power and want to shoot slugs and because they are setting the 2nd reg above 150 there is no need for a step down reg. I own an m3 .22 600mm and have the 1st reg set at 150 and the 2nd reg set at 70 bar. I like it as its very consistant with a low ES and getting 228 shots on a 250 bar fill (480) bottle @ 916fps. 1/2inch groups @ 50yards are easy. 18gr.JSB

Reactions: Dairyboy
I believe most who purchase an Impact are buying it for the power and want to shoot slugs and because they are setting the 2nd reg above 150 there is no need for a step down reg. I own an m3 .22 600mm and have the 1st reg set at 150 and the 2nd reg set at 70 bar. I like it as its very consistant with a low ES and getting 228 shots on a 250 bar fill (480) bottle @ 916fps. 1/2inch groups @ 50yards are easy. 18gr.JSB
Good point. It could also be that the maverick was the first FX gun with two regs, being introduced before the M3. Since it also had a big plenum, it allowed for lower regpressure for the same power as other guns needing higher pressure. Not long after the Maverick the M3 was introduced, with also bigger plenum than before. I believe one reason was also for FX to justify the M3 being more expensive, it did needed to have the same "bells and whisle" as the maverick.

Then youtubers like Matt Dubber started to shoot 40 grain slugs, the panthera arrived, being purpose built for heavy slug shooting, also having one reg, and then the trend was to use high regpressure again.

Totally agree with this. Those south African boys never talk in their videos about poi shift or reg creeps or leaks, on their guns at all. They will only show the best groups and all the hits at long range to get normal folks with little knowledge thinking if they get the impact they will have the same result. Then found out they get problems with their impacts lmao.

I didn't know fx reg are trash. I think their guns 2k means it's like top of the line with little problems. If they do put trash reg in their guns, I would see a problem dealing with 2 trash reg needing maintenance. I guess that's why they have huma regs for the impact.
Not saying their regs are trash. All regs will need service at some point. Is what it is. The fx are probably the most challenging and difficult ones to do on the market. There are two Oring’s in the process that will test your patience. Hence why you don’t want two. Most regs are straight forward and don’t have buried tiny orings you can’t hardly see.

Reactions: coastal drifter