FX Fx impact m4, why did they got rid of 1st reg?

AND
UA isn't the only one either. I've hit up The Pallet Shop to inquired about it before i placed my order for the 300 bar 580cc CF bottle for my new M4, Bin also confirmed the M4 will run 300 bar with the aftermarket CF bottle perfectly fine, not to mention at Pyramid Air, they too..... CLEARLY noted the M4 models are capable of it as well with the 300 bar bottle.

View attachment 502324

Even the much cheaper PCP like the Avenge X and many other brands are rated/worked at 300 bar. :)
And the FX M4 manual makes it perfectly clear that to use the 300 bar bottle you need the second regulator.

(M4) 600 MM std barrel .25 REG SET A 100BAR I find that with the 25 grain FX .25 cal pellets 860fps is the best speed all the way out to 100 yards. We are talking less than .50" consistently
Trying to be polite here...But after making that statement did your nose remain the same length ??

• Haha
Reactions: Vetmx and thumper
(M4) 600 MM std barrel .25 REG SET A 100BAR I find that with the 25 grain FX .25 cal pellets 860fps is the best speed all the way out to 100 yards. We are talking less than .50" consistently. With the AEA pellets the group shrinks quite a bit. The AEA pellets are way more uniform than the AA, JSB and FX pellets. They are dang near perfect compaired to the others. That's looking under a jewlers loop.
When i speed them up or slow them down much more than 860 or less than 845 they start to wobble past the 65 / 75 yard mark. At 860ish they are flying pretty straight out to 100. Im not sure much beyond that.
100 - 125 shots? You are going to get a lot more than that shooting pellets under 900fps. Unless you are purposely screwing up the tune.

@FX Airguns

Y'all need to get this guy on the payroll!

😂

So the 1 reg on the m4 can handle a 300 bar bottle?
The 1 reg on my epic two handle 300 bar just fine, can cut off 260 - 240 bar for a regulated presure of 40 - 60 BAR depending on me using factory reg or Huma one.
Also work up around 150 BAR when i have tried to shoot .177 - 24 grain slugs

YES you need that low pressures in a 700 mm long barrel trying to shoot 10.?? grain pellets, that or you will be super sonic.

I will also say, so far my CZUB barreled Two do NOT shoot any better than my Maverick have done with its straw barrel.
I do not hate on straw barrels, but i would say i porefer a regular / proper barrel, but as far as accuracy go its same old same old.

Mind you the 600 mm barrel on my Maverick when i got it,,,,, i would not give that barrel to my worst enemy, but getting 2 new 700 mm barrels later, and it have been smooth sailing since then.

Also the LW barrel i ordered my Two with,,,,,, well it had to go back, CUZ the supposedly unchoked barrel had a massive 300 mm long choke,,,, in the middle of the barrel.
The CZUB barrel,,,,,,,, slick as snot on a door knob.

So maybe you have as bad luck in the barrel lottery as i have, having just won 2 times out of 4 ( FX Cyclone and Vulcan 3 )

O i should maybe say, if my original Maverick was shot as a SUB 12 rifle, which it is my firm belief it was and just dumped on the Danish FAC market, well the 600 mm barrel worked just fine, but i did not get a new FAC rifle to shoot 13 grain pellets at 570 fps.
And any faster and it turned into a scatter gun pattern on the paper.

Last edited:
AND

And the FX M4 manual makes it perfectly clear that to use the 300 bar bottle you need the second regulator.

The latest manual did stated that, which makes it even more confusing, we have all the reputable retailers telling us the M4 with 1 reg will run 300 bar just fine, I guess FX really need to clarify and clear things up once and for all, if the manual was a misprint, or are we being given the wrong information.

In this day and age it's hard to imagine a $2K PCP gun with solid brass regulator can't handle 300 bar while there are MANY others have been running it just fine, even the $499 Avenge X is rated at 300 bar with no problem. 50 bar may not sound like much, but a 480/580cc bottle that could mean a few magazines worth of extra shots for .22 😁

With that said, for those who love having 2 regs, how difficult is it to add the 1st reg back into the empty slot? just need to get a Huma reg along with a gauge and they should fit back in without much effort?

First, FX has made the info clear! You may wish it were different but it isn’t a misprint. Of course, many retailers will be happy to sell you an aftermarket bottle! None of them are saying you can run it with 1 reg at 300bar with no problem. Of course, if you listen to Mr sub-0.5” group, you’ll also hear that his reg shows not even 0.1bar of difference from 300bar to 150bar. Again, defying the laws of physics. All regs show variation in accordance with input, which is why FX recommends two if you use a really wide range of input (to 300bar). There is much to learn and if you listen to folks who know their stuff, instead of rabid fanboys or greedy salesmen, you’ll get more out of your purchase. Part of that would be to heed the advice of Troy and other and stick with 250bar. Again, for many reasons, including the longevity of seals, the juice ain’t worth the squeeze.

The latest manual did stated that, which makes it even more confusing, we have all the reputable retailers telling us the M4 with 1 reg will run 300 bar just fine, I guess FX really need to clarify and clear things up once and for all, if the manual was a misprint, or are we being given the wrong information.

In this day and age it's hard to imagine a $2K PCP gun with solid brass regulator can't handle 300 bar while there are MANY others have been running it just fine, even the $499 Avenge X is rated at 300 bar with no problem. 50 bar may not sound like much, but a 480/580cc bottle that could mean a few magazines worth of extra shots for .22 😁

With that said, for those who love having 2 regs, how difficult is it to add the 1st reg back into the empty slot? just need to get a Huma reg along with a gauge and they should fit back in without much effort?
The FX Impact AMP regulators are small in diameter , especially when compared to the regulator in my Thomas and my RAW, both 200 bar guns.

The disc diameter of a regulator sets the gross sensitivity and smoothness of the regulator because a larger diameter disc allows for more dish (curvature) in each disc which in turn allows more and linear spring action disc to disc.

Small diameter disc type regulators tend to function over a very narrow range of pressure.

Going from a synthetic rod to a brass rod improved the durability of the AMP regulator over all but did not affect disc size or the amount of dish in each disc.

So I agree. There air rifles that will perform just fine with one regulator at a bottle pressure of 300 bar but their regulator will not fit in an Impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xcaliber
FX confirmed it, the Impact M4 is recommended to operate up to 250 bar only, regardless of what other retailers said.

I won't risk damaging my brand new M4 so I'll keep the 580cc spare bottle at 250 bar to use for the M4 even though the bottle is rated for 300. 😁

Pyramid Air and other mainstream retailers should take out or reword their tech note and warn customers about it.

1728390829225.png

Reactions: coastal drifter
FX confirmed it, the Impact M4 is recommended to operate up to 250 bar only, regardless of what other retailers said.

I won't risk damaging my brand new M4 so I'll keep the 580cc spare bottle at 250 bar to use for the M4 even though the bottle is rated for 300. 😁

Pyramid Air and other mainstream retailers should take out or reword their tech note and warn customers about it.

View attachment 502682
and when they have a problem with their FX gun they will report how its not reliable or junkie lol

• Haha
Reactions: Xcaliber
First, FX has made the info clear! You may wish it were different but it isn’t a misprint. Of course, many retailers will be happy to sell you an aftermarket bottle! None of them are saying you can run it with 1 reg at 300bar with no problem. Of course, if you listen to Mr sub-0.5” group, you’ll also hear that his reg shows not even 0.1bar of difference from 300bar to 150bar. Again, defying the laws of physics. All regs show variation in accordance with input, which is why FX recommends two if you use a really wide range of input (to 300bar). There is much to learn and if you listen to folks who know their stuff, instead of rabid fanboys or greedy salesmen, you’ll get more out of your purchase. Part of that would be to heed the advice of Troy and other and stick with 250bar. Again, for many reasons, including the longevity of seals, the juice ain’t worth the squeeze.

From what i've seen, it doesn't look like any FX guns could really handle 300 bar, the gauges from Wildcat MK3 with 2 regs are only displaying up to 250 bar max i think, not sure about the Maverick and M3 tho.