FX FX Impact M4 Won't Cock

Hey guys. My new M4 was barely cocking and then about 20 shot in it stopped cocking all together. How would I fix that? Settings are as it came out of the box. Pictured below. Shooting 18.1 at 890 FPS. Not great groups at 38 yards with JSB and FX. Was about to try AEA but won't cock now. (also see mystery screw I found on Patio a few posts down).

20240724_143623.jpg
20240724_143645.jpg
20240724_143608.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: uladz
I'm sure it's something small. I can hopefully fix it.
LIsten i build modify do all kinds of thing with pcps if i spent that much on an air rife send it back because you make fix now but something else may happen better off letting them fix once you take it apart and say you cant fix it warranty voided just looking out

When you say barely cock do you it just latches at the end of the movement with the side lever? If so you have to drop down on hammer spring pressure by turning the dial
Thanks, that sounds like the right thing to do. I just noticed it was in the middle of all the adjustments though, not even close to the end of the HST. I think I just got a bad one. I will need to send it back. I spent $2300 to have the first M4 review video. I guess that didn't work out. Darn it.

Thanks, that sounds like the right thing to do. I just noticed it was in the middle of all the adjustments though, not even close to the end of the HST. I think I just got a bad one. I will need to send it back. I spent $2300 to have the first M4 review video. I guess that didn't work out. Darn it.
Did you manage to snag the first one that went into production with Serial Number 00000001? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Rizz01
So you were in the middle of tuning it when it happened ?
Middle of tuning it? No. I pulled it out of the box brand new and started filming the #1 M4 video on Youtube and didn't get too far. I was testing the out of the box tune, as I do in all my videos. It shot the 18.1gr at 890 FPS, so I'm assuming it was tuned. I got quarter size groups at 38 yards.