FX FX Impact M4 Won't Cock

WOW, are people ever critical!

I've never met anyone who was "perfect" (except, maybe, some experts here). To the best of my experience, people who can be 100%, 100% of the time don't exist.

I worked in QA and even the most skilled and experienced people still fumbled the ball occasionally. An off day, an untimely distraction or an out of spec part (like a screw that is at minimum tolerance in a hole that is at maximum tolerance) can result in an issue.

People new to the job, in training or temporarily replacing some one who is sick or on vacation may make mistakes.

People are not machines. People performing a repetitive operation all day long can have a lapse of concentration and miss a step (like tightening a screw) that they have done so many times already. I believe that FX cross-trains people to minimize job boredom.

Time pressure, to get the product out to impatient customers or before the end of shift or a needed bathroom break can result in hurrying an operation and missing something.

In QA we caught a A lot of stuff but it's not possible to check everything - you could double the price of a product if you did. (Keep in mind that the "loaded labour rate" includes employee benefits and other costs is typically several times the cost of the employee's salary).

You need to strike a balance, you can't catch everything. Experience shows where issues are likely to arise and you check those areas more closely, something not usually a problem, can easily be missed.

...Ultimately, THE CUSTOMER DOES FINAL INSPECTION! Sorry, but that's the real world! Google "recall notice" for perspective... poop happens, frequently.

So for the perfect people with no tolerance, I'll be the person to cut you some slack the first time you screw up.

FX is not perfect, nobody is.

Cheers!

I've never met anyone who was "perfect" (except, maybe, some experts here). To the best of my experience, people who can be 100%, 100% of the time don't exist.

I worked in QA and even the most skilled and experienced people still fumbled the ball occasionally. An off day, an untimely distraction or an out of spec part (like a screw that is at minimum tolerance in a hole that is at maximum tolerance) can result in an issue.

People new to the job, in training or temporarily replacing some one who is sick or on vacation may make mistakes.

People are not machines. People performing a repetitive operation all day long can have a lapse of concentration and miss a step (like tightening a screw) that they have done so many times already. I believe that FX cross-trains people to minimize job boredom.

Time pressure, to get the product out to impatient customers or before the end of shift or a needed bathroom break can result in hurrying an operation and missing something.

In QA we caught a A lot of stuff but it's not possible to check everything - you could double the price of a product if you did. (Keep in mind that the "loaded labour rate" includes employee benefits and other costs is typically several times the cost of the employee's salary).

You need to strike a balance, you can't catch everything. Experience shows where issues are likely to arise and you check those areas more closely, something not usually a problem, can easily be missed.

...Ultimately, THE CUSTOMER DOES FINAL INSPECTION! Sorry, but that's the real world! Google "recall notice" for perspective... poop happens, frequently.

So for the perfect people with no tolerance, I'll be the person to cut you some slack the first time you screw up.

Cheers!
Lots of excuses…

No one is speaking about “perfection”… At certain “price points”, no excuses QC is the requirement. I work in a “custom woodworking workshop” we have to achieve the required conditions… No excuses, get it done. “High End” means just that, the client is paying for our attention to detail in putting out a “high quality” product. I never purchase based on any of the BoobTube reviews. Simply reading actual users experiences here and on other sites provides enough feedback for me.

But to give a review and "leave out the cons at the behest of the company is wrong, is not right." And to the Administrators here, if you know that there is an issue with a particular air gun or product and you still allow these one sided reviews that benefit the company that they are reviewing, then you are part of the problem.

It comes down to time. The time it takes to get it right isn’t sufficient. They seem to manage time by demand. Ultimately folks, like me, have our time wasted when things go wrong and it has to go in for warranty.
Time is the most precious thing in life. All companies and people have failures, but some companies respect the end users time and theirs. Production vs Craftsmanship

Reactions: Dairyboy
That's understood, but they seem to take this on a whole new level. Something is not right there and that starts at the top. Guess it's a good thing they are not building aircraft or submarines.
The submarine I am building has some faults, but let me make a contribution to your favorite charity and maybe you can get things going. At the top.

Lots of excuses…

No one is speaking about “perfection”… At certain “price points”, no excuses QC is the requirement. I work in a “custom woodworking workshop” we have to achieve the required conditions… No excuses, get it done. “High End” means just that, the client is paying for our attention to detail in putting out a “high quality” product. I never purchase based on any of the BoobTube reviews. Simply reading actual users experiences here and on other sites provides enough feedback for me.
I can see that in a "custom woodworking workshop" that volume is low and prices are premium. The extra attention to details has been paid for. If there was never, ever a scratch or a run in the finish I would be very impressed.

I worked at a prototype printed circuit company where for small quantities the customer paid a large premium. Every board received 100% inspection and a complete electrical test. To allow for Murphys Law, we always made a couple of extra boards because even in a well controlled process, thinks can go wrong... a single fleck of dust could ruin a board.

From the perspective of reasonable price and delivery this not always practical or possible for a high volume production environment. That is why there are warranties, if something is not 100% then the company addresses the problem.

Perfection is always a desirable goal. All I'm saying is that we do our best.

Cheers!

Reactions: L.Leon
There marketing skills must work because people keep going back just like me I got a drs which besides the gauge the gun is great I just can't believe the bashing on here alot of haters if I remember correctly was the rti priest 2 or one of there models was having valve trouble as well but oh well
It’s not hating it’s speaking from what’s obvious. Once they are tuned and no screws are falling out they’re phenomenal.

The submarine I am building has some faults, but let me make a contribution to your favorite charity and maybe you can get things going. At the top.
That $h¹t happens in the DoD all the time, unfortunately. I'm only familiar with the 🚁 related shenanigans but it's very unsettling. Money and power rules......

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Found this screw on the ground on the patio. Is it from my M4?
View attachment 482572
I believe that you "accidently" dropped this loose screw on the ground, to ruffle some anti-FX feathers!
LOL!
It certainly worked well!
antifx.jpg

Heck, not only did I have loose screws, I received a completely trash block for my King. Hammer chamber bore was damaged by the reaming process, and noticed it didn't have any MOA built into the rail. I noticed that when I received my replacement. Thought it was strange that the scopes objective including the sun shade was completely parallel with the barrel with the old block. Mistakes happen in everything, but this should of have been caught. Or maybe, they just don't care. Their guns sell regardless.

I believe that you "accidently" dropped this loose screw on the ground, to ruffle some anti-FX feathers!
LOL!
It certainly worked well!
View attachment 483335
I have a tale of two very different FX.

My first was amazing, an early Royale 400. Always dependable, occasionally a breech o ring.

Maverick Compact broke two weeks after I received it. It came with a stripped screw in the cocking linkage, and then had a catastrophic failure in the valve. Bent the valve pin and damaged the block. It wasn’t an early release either, the model had been out awhile. It was still in stock configuration. Warranty took care of it, but a stripped external screw making it past QC?

My Revere that replaced it came with a Daystate and AoA QC check.

Snowpeaks no expectation, but all 4 had no issues

Kalibrgun. Bought it from Charlie Frear so it was perfect on arrival.

Middle of tuning it? No. I pulled it out of the box brand new and started filming the #1 M4 video on Youtube and didn't get too far. I was testing the out of the box tune, as I do in all my videos. It shot the 18.1gr at 890 FPS, so I'm assuming it was tuned. I got quarter size groups at 38 yards.
You’ll get a lot of likes if you post the video of it broken, plenty of FX haters lol. Maybe you can still make some money.

• Haha

Cheers!
It’s just that, if you buy a $2,500 firearm it works, these airgun companies need to do a lot better. My Maverick is not perfect but my Sako TRG is…

Cheers!
As a former production / tooling guy that had to hold a few ten thousands on diameters and gage depths my scrap rate as literally zero. They bought me a Studer S40 CNC grinder to play with and enough inspection gear to beat QC, plus I did my own programming and tooling. Got to the point that QC didn't even bother checking my stuff. Good times.