FX FX Impact M4 Won't Cock

Middle of tuning it? No. I pulled it out of the box brand new and started filming the #1 M4 video on Youtube and didn't get too far. I was testing the out of the box tune, as I do in all my videos. It shot the 18.1gr at 890 FPS, so I'm assuming it was tuned. I got quarter size groups at 38 yards.
As in a coin ? if so my puncher breaker does better than that. Sorry for the bad luck and good luck when you get her back. 🤞

That was fast.

Looks like the QC didn't get upgraded from the M3.
I have a high degree of confidence that QC and FX don't go together. Disclaimer I love both of my Mavericks, NOW that they work. Any airgun can have garbage happen, even custom assembled ones, have one of them too.

I'd take a look up in the trigger adjustments, I'll be it fell out of there and one is cranked in too much, so the sear won't engage.

An over adjusted hammer spring will do this have you tried turning the power wheel down to min and cocking the gun
Since the dials are all right in the midddle we know the HST is not over adjusted. That was my thinking. I have a replacement M4 on the way from a PY Air this time. It's a 3-7 day loan. At least I get the $2200 back and I still get to make a video. They are in stock now at PY Air. Use any of my video links and I'll make $120.

This feels like batterer wife syndrome, I guess battered FX owner syndrome.

Nate, do FX a favor and highlight in detail your experience. If you film it they will watch

Perfect into song

I did film it all, but I don't put it on Youtube when other guns screw up during a video. So why would I do that to the M4. It gives a flase impression of the gun when people do that. All mass produced items will have a few duds. Its a guranteed product. FX dealers will replace it, no questions asked.
It did shoot similar to my Delta Wolf, which was shooting so below it's price point I couldn't make a video (it's on my Patreon).

I hope the replacement a laser...and tuned out of the box. It probably will be.

Found this screw on the ground on the patio. Is it from my M4?
View attachment 482572
Check this spot on the M4. The same screw on my dynamic likes to back out. It locks the spring retainer for the micro dail system. The gun is an M3.

20240725_154758.jpg

Reactions: cavedweller
I did film it all, but I don't put it on Youtube when other guns screw up during a video. So why would I do that to the M4. It gives a flase impression of the gun when people do that. All mass produced items will have a few duds. Its a guranteed product. FX dealers will replace it, no questions asked.
It did shoot similar to my Delta Wolf, which was shooting so below it's price point I couldn't make a video (it's on my Patreon).

I hope the replacement a laser...and tuned out of the box. It probably will be.
I wouldn't say an entire video on the failure. I'd suggest putting a short segment in the final. It's a misrepresentation of the rifle equally not to. I understand its a fine line as a content creator, but the industry requires constructive criticism. You are a serious influence on peoples hard earned money, I've valued your opinion. I've stopped watching the channels that are paid advertisements for products. Everything is not awesome about most products out there. haha