FX FX Impact M4

I just ordered an Impact m4 sniper and I’m curious on what’s needed to shoot slugs effectively in it. I was told by the dealer that it comes with a barrel that can handle both slugs and pellets.
I’m not convinced that it will be a great slug shooter as I see for previous models they recommend getting a slug barrel a tungsten hammer and slug power kit.
Can someone let me know if I need to add any other accessories to the m4 to make it a rifle that handles slugs and pellets with the proper tune.

All I will say is please experiment with it in stock form before you dive head first into the power upgrade stuff. You will end up back here bewildered why you aren’t getting the speeds or why your power wheel works backwards etc etc.
What caliber did you get ? What barrel length? How far will you be shooting and for what purposes will it be used? What weight projectile are you interested in shooting ?

I just ordered an Impact m4 sniper and I’m curious on what’s needed to shoot slugs effectively in it. I was told by the dealer that it comes with a barrel that can handle both slugs and pellets.
I’m not convinced that it will be a great slug shooter as I see for previous models they recommend getting a slug barrel a tungsten hammer and slug power kit.
Can someone let me know if I need to add any other accessories to the m4 to make it a rifle that handles slugs and pellets with the proper tune.
You should not need anything extra, unless you got a .25 caliber. If so you will need the heavy liner with the specific 1 in 16 twist rate to shoot slugs.

If you got it in 22 unless you're gonna shoot slugs.34 grains and heavier. You do not need a dedicated heavy slug liner.

I c urrently have a 500mm .177 superior barrel liner and I'm shooting 10.04gr and 13.44gr KO slugs, 13.5gr VK slugs, and 13gr H&an slugs and at 96yds I'm shooting 1.5" in light winds.

I’m getting the 25 cal 700 barrel the sniper model of the m4. My backyard range (I just do plinking) is only 35 yards. I do belong to a club were the max distance is just 200 yards but I do have to a farm where it’s wide open . So most of my shooting
I just went through my impact parts (I have an old impact purchased in 2017?) I found a Slug A barrel 700mm in both 22 and 25 caliber. I also found 3 complete barrel kits a 500mm in 30 cal, 700mm in 25 cal and a 700mm in 30 cal i didn’t take apart yet I don’t know what liners are in the 3 barrel kit

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I’m getting the 25 cal 700 barrel the sniper model of the m4. My backyard range (I just do plinking) is only 35 yards. I do belong to a club were the max distance is just 200 yards but I do have to a farm where it’s wide open . So most of my shooting
I just went through my impact parts (I have an old impact purchased in 2017?) I found a Slug A barrel 700mm in both 22 and 25 caliber. I also found 3 complete barrel kits a 500mm in 30 cal, 700mm in 25 cal and a 700mm in 30 cal i didn’t take apart yet I don’t know what liners are in the 3 barrel kit
Well make sure they are 1:16 if you wa t to shoot slugs. Even if they say on the side they are 1:16 physically check it yourself to make sure it is the twist you need. A LOT of the older slug liners for the .25 were trash

Personally I have one in 25 cal and it works for me. You can always change to another caliber by getting a new mag, probe and barrel for a few hundred dollars. I have it it 22 and 30 I use 30 for coyote and 22 for birds also with 22 I turn the power down a bit when I don’t want to cause damage to buildings I’m shooting birds off of.

Reactions: Markus33k