FX Impact MK2 720PP

Ozark

Mar 31, 2019
MO
I recently installed a 720pp and Powe Block on my MK2 Impact and have lost a lot of power after the install. Originally the rifle was a pre Power Plenum MK2 and i added a drop down tube on the bottom of the rear block to add more volume and I was getting great speeds and consistency with the 28.5gr NSA slugs (960fps) with a 600mm .22 barrel.

After the installation of the 720pp and Power Block kit I am having trouble getting the 28.5gr NSA slugs about 930fps and the power drops off when you get the reg about 130bar.

I swapped out the valve return spring that came with the kit and installed the lighter spring that comes in the Slug Power Kit which helped a little, but still kot getting consistent FPS and not getting about 940 FPS.

Anyone have any issues when they installed the 720PP kit on a MK2 Impact??

Did you install the Hammer spring that comes in the kit (spring #2604)? If so, it may be a weaker spring than your original one you took out. Check the lengths and the compression strength and compare them. The hammer weight that is in the kit is not very heavy so you may have decreased the hammer spring strength and kept the hammer weight the same which will open the valve less at the same settings on the gun therefore reducing your speed. You might also want to weigh the old hammer and new one and see if the new one is lighter than the old one, that would also reduce your speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozark
You need to turn up the hammer wheel/spring. I have a mk2 54cc pp. Then install the 72cc pp. My power also went down. I think this happen because the larger pp needs more hammer strike to open the valve. Try turning your power wheel up. If it is max then u need to use a hex key and turn the screw on the side of the wheel. Your power will go up.

Reactions: Ozark
Appreciate all of the help from those who posted.

I removed the hammer spring and compared it to my original and it was indeed a bit shorter than the hammer spring that came with the 720PP Ugrade kit.

Installed original Hammer Spring and went ahead and added 2 spacers (that come with the Slug Power Kit) and bam it's back to running hot! Getting a very consistent 960fps using the .217 28.5gr NSA slugs running the Reg at 130bar.

20221109_154431.jpg