FX FX Impact MK4

Same crap barrel/liner setup!!!
You seem to have yours about as good as it’s gonna get. Maybe a little tinkering here or there but I don’t think you’re missing out on anything with the new offering. I will openly admit I was nervous that they would finally swing for the fence and tempt me. Thankfully they didn’t. The guide plate with the dovetail and adjustable rail definitely gets a tip of the hat from me though.

M4 is here. The good news is it's not much different from an M3 so it's not necessary to get one right away.

I have the M3 in every caliber. I have one chassis and then barrel kits for all the calibers up to 357.

Will the m4 fit these barrels?
It appears that the barrel systems are the same. To address the post that bumped this thread up….m4 being out 🤷‍♂️. I mean a video I guess….available….certainly not

You seem to have yours about as good as it’s gonna get. Maybe a little tinkering here or there but I don’t think you’re missing out on anything with the new offering. I will openly admit I was nervous that they would finally swing for the fence and tempt me. Thankfully they didn’t. The guide plate with the dovetail and adjustable rail definitely gets a tip of the hat from me though.
The adjustable rail IS a very nice idea , agree..... just wish FX had done something different in regards to the barrel /liner system.

My M3 is very very good with my own barrel mods...BUT its not something the average " Joe" will pursue and that's a pity as they are missing out on what the M3 is capable of !!

FX crippled the M3,s potential with the flimsy liner system...they could of fixed this with the M4 but it appears they chose to let the end user do this job for them once again.. Pity..

VETMX made a good point earlier about parts being available for earlier models with the ramp up of a new model. Parts availability is indeed a major concern, especially now that FXUSA is no longer.

But let’s take this one more step further, in the parts availability from the aftermarket. An example I recently experienced is my version 1 ST rear monopod took a fall which damaged the ball swivel and cracked the inner delrin sliders that the threaded rod runs thru. Parts for that model are no longer being made.

The Airmarksman rail, with the new offering backbone from the M4, how long do you think it’ll be before that AM rail goes out of production?

It’s too bad fx doesn’t consider designing their impacts suitable for a particular discipline- like a benchrest version with heavier parts or more allowances to bolt weights on. Indeed keep a first stage reg on this model.
A hunting version, which would be like it is coming from the factory, but catered more for slug use

Then of course the plinkers version- like a VP version for an impact.

Seriously considering 1st Reg delete on my M3

The nice thing is you can try it. If things don’t work out, you can go back to having two regs. The main thing is a guy has to understand the gun and what he’s looking for. Then he knows if one or two regs gets him the results he needs. I prefer two. But only on this gun.

I wouldn’t until it is problematic. I think they are actually useful. I just sold my m3 and bought an epoch. While I do like the gun I don’t like it as much as my m3 thus far. I think the dual regs along with the large plenum help a lot with consistency. Maybe help if a reg isn’t quite perfect?? Not sure just speculation. I have not been able to achieve super tight ES on the epoch like on the m3. It’s still completely accurate out to 75 for my needs so I’m probably being a bit anal about it. The Skout doesn’t have the plenum space or dual regs just a much larger valve to produce its power. Thus it relies heavily on that single reg resetting itself very well. Mine really doesn’t. Maybe it’s just mine? Of of a 4000 fill the reg resets nicely down to about 3000. After that it resets much slower not as precise an es opens to 15-20 fps at least. I think the set up of the m3 helps alleviate an imperfect part of the system. Again speculating but had this release come a bit sooner I probably would have held off and ordered an m4. I just figured the epoch would be easier to work on when the need arose. Also parts service etc right in PA.

All good points made. Just wonder why they did away with the 1st reg on the new M4. It would be great to know their thought process on this decision.
They mention it in the video. Basically the newer AMP 2 regs have a brass piston instead of a plastic piston. They are stronger and can operate in a wider range so the need to step down bottle pressure isnt as critical. If you want to run really high reg pressures a front reg delete on an M3 can be a good setup. Otherwise I like have the 2 regs on the lower BAR rifles, like my 22Cal Compact.

Reactions: coastal drifter