FX Impact not reaching Maximum Velocity

I just disassembly the impact as following video. I only follow the procedure to 7:25". Tight every components and back assembly .

I even don't know which parts is loose. Any way, it works! Appreciated!

Did you happen to notice the distance the hammerseat extends from the front of the housing with the valve adjuster removed? I'm still trying to determine if that should be 6-6.5mm or 4mm as Ernest mentioned.

Thanks,

Rusty

The key is to bottom out all 3 threaded parts tight. No need to stop at a set measurements of 6.5 or 4mm 

Rusty,

My hammerseat extends exactly 6mm.

1539124197_6826639535bbd2be59ea755.11417145_1539124172151.jpg

Umer118,

1.Try to replace the C3 Oring 2.9x1.78 PU 90. I found mine was crack. So I went to Oring shop to get a new one.

1539124134_11894619895bbd2ba69910c0.48836226_615866.jpg

2.Did you tight the hammerseat again? Just following Mr.Ernest's video 5"40. You must use the tool to tight it. Your fingers are just not good enough to tight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjLeO7O8DA0 

Mr Ernest,

You are the master of air gun world.

Thanks for your help!

I wish we could buy all the high power parts so we don't have to modify the originals.

You and me both. I have powder burners as well, and any aftermarket part you can imagine is available from multiple sources. Why is it that airguns have less (almost no) aftermarket parts available? Ernest has such a magnificent talent for engineering these mods, but it's almost a tease if you can't actually buy them. 

Rusty (actively shopping for a CNC mill)

Did you check o-rings in transferport and barrel o-ring? Powder could be useful. A little bit of leaking blows powder away. Also if you hear a bang you have to search for leaking.

Also you know in every impact is a shaft that connects hammer to the valve. Half of it works normal pressure but the other half is in regulated pressure. One o-ring is there and if that o-ring dry out or sticky velocity drop.

Did you check o-rings in transferport and barrel o-ring? Powder could be useful. A little bit of leaking blows powder away. Also if you hear a bang you have to search for leaking.

Also you know in every impact is a shaft that connects hammer to the valve. Half of it works normal pressure but the other half is in regulated pressure. One o-ring is there and if that o-ring dry out or sticky velocity drop.

Thanks for the powder tip. Yup checked all the leaks no problem there