FX impact question

I got a problem with with a 22 caliber magisine please if anyone resolved my issue tell me , So I use my Mk2 22 cal compact , it shoots great , However what is bothering me is my magisines make a rattling noise when in gun and carrying so loud the squirrels hide before I can get in range , any cures for this if it matters I am using JSB KO SLUGS ,WHILE IT MOA @ 100 YDS I got to get them mags not to rattle any ideas or does this bother others ?LOU

I got a problem with with a 22 caliber magisine please if anyone resolved my issue tell me , So I use my Mk2 22 cal compact , it shoots great , However what is bothering me is my magisines make a rattling noise when in gun and carrying so loud the squirrels hide before I can get in range , any cures for this if it matters I am using JSB KO SLUGS ,WHILE IT MOA @ 100 YDS I got to get them mags not to rattle any ideas or does this bother others ?LOU
Is the magazine rattling, or are the slugs in the magazine rattling? Sometimes a minor adjustment in the seating of the barrel can cause, or eliminate the rattling of the magazine. I’m not sure what, if anything, can be done about the slugs rattling in t he mag.

Perhaps try some of the aftermarket mags for the FX. Maybe someone on AGN has tried an offering that doesn't rattle and could give some advice on which one to buy. This maker offers two different designs that use a flexible belt that moves the pellets through the magazine. It might be quieter than the factory version - contact them to find out.

Last edited:
A few days ago I received my M3 magazine from Orion iguana hunter. I did an 8 shot function test today, flawless operation for me.
With that said, I just loaded 14 pellets and gave it a shake test. The amount of noise it made depended on how I was shaking it, in my pocket it was pretty quiet but jumping was much louder.

This is just one of those things that might be unavoidable

they dont rattle like the side shot mags at all
GYQD4304.JPG

What you could do, JWRabbit, is just for the hunting times use the smaller mags, the original ones that were pre side shot high capacity for these impacts. Plenty in one of those mags for a morning squirrel hunt, but not so much to cause a lot of rattle

Check with ORION to see if he makes those, as the 3D mags will be quieter than the aluminum body mags

Reactions: qball
If it's the magazine rattling you can get extra rubber balls that are in the holes of the back of the block
I’ve always until recently had only two rubber balls in my mag slot, at the very top. I always wondered why no balls at midpoint and at the bottom, then I saw some old video from Giles in the UK as he did an install of the new high capacity side shot mag. He said all the factory balls are not needed as he pulled them out, so I figured “that’s how it should be”, and since I bought my mk2’s used, I let them be with just the two most upper balls installed.

Then I recently saw a close up of an M3 with all the balls installed, 4.75mm, so I popped four in to fill all ports for the balls.
So the mag slot at transfer port side take four below the breech opening, then two above the breech for a total of six-
FB6B0DD2-1BA8-465C-9F7A-EBE2B81FB850.jpeg

My mags are so nice and snug now. Once they’re snapped in if I grab the bottom of the mag to wiggle it front to back, well there is no wiggle.

If any of you find your mags too loosey goosey while snapped in, or find every once in awhile you’ve got to wiggle your mag while trying to insert the next round, try putting the rubber balls all back in.

Last edited:
the rattling come from the ammo moving up and down due to the increase in space to allow those really long slugs we are seeing today.

I can make a magazine that the ammo fit perfect but then you won't be able to use long ammo... I think on my Maverick/Crown/Wildcat magazine the space is reduced and there's no rattle.

My RTI magazine rattle on my pocket and it's because the magazine has extra space for longer ammo too..... Rabbit if you want I can design a no-rattle magazine just for you, if you want to go ahead, just DM me