FX Fx King 500mm .22

I am looking getting a new FAC airgun (based in scotland so anything over 12ftlbs requires a Firearms Certificate). The FAC acquisition process is a bit of a ball ache so want to make sure I get it right to avoid any unnecessary admin.... Looking to shoot .22 jsb redesigns at around 930ftps and the FX King has my attention. The consideration is whether to go for the 500mm or 600mm version. As I understand it the 500mm has the standard stx liner and the 600mm has the heavy slug one.

On the basis I would prefer a shorter rifle I want to know if anyone has the 500mm in .22 and what sort of ammo it is shooting at what speeds. In summary can it push the redesigns accurately and quickly and, although not set up for slugs, can it manage light (as in sub 30g) slugs to any good effect. Alternatively should I just go for the 600mm and poke any long distance rabbits to death?

Thanks in advance for any assistance from my American cousins.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Just doesn't seem to be all that much info out there regarding the FX King, especially with the shorter barrel. I have pretty much the same question as the O.P.: What real users might like/dislike and what kind of performance they are seeing from a 500mm King in .22 cal.

Maybe not all that many have sold as folks don't see big gains over the Crown? Of maybe more purchases of the long barrel for use as a benchrest gun instead of a more compact hunter?

Reactions: Macloaded
I thought he said he wasn't, guess I'll have to go back and reread his post. edit: That'll teach me to skim read, with a good mod he'll be fine.
Strangely the UK is mad keen on moderators and so pretty much every firearm is granted with a moderator.

Will probably use the large HW mod as it is mousefart quiet even at fac power levels....

Reactions: Dairyboy