FX Fx King, I need help

Melo

Aug 25, 2024
My name is Melo, and I am reading you and now I am writing from La Palmas, Canary Islands, and in this opportunity I am doing so to ask for help.First of all, I apologize if my writing is not correct and is not well understood. My native language is not English and I use Google Translate.
Among my weapons I have an LG 400, a Steyr Challenge, both at 16 joules, about 12 Ft-lbs, which I use to participate in local benchrest competitions, so I'm not at zero on the PCP issue.Well, to the point, I have wanted to buy my first high-power PCP for a long time. I think I have read and seen everything that has been published about the M3 impact, but in the end I bought a 600mm Fx King in .22 caliber and STX heavy upper barrel coating.
To be honest, I have no experience in adjusting this type of weapons, the ones I own do not have that many adjustments and it only consists of getting a pellet that the barrel likes, and although I have read a lot and watched many videos, I cannot get it to work, or so I think.I have seen some videos on how to adjust the impact, but this is where I have been able to find the most clear and concise information and although there is not much on the internet about the FX King, I believe that the Phantera and Dynamic share the same adjustments. In fact, the FX does not include a King manual with the weapon, it includes a Phantera and Dynamic manual.After performing several tests, I have come to the conclusion that the King with JSB, FX pellets, 18.13gr - 18.1gr at 880 fps is very precise and since what I want is precision, the weapon will only be used for benchrest, and what I am looking for is to adjust the regulator and micro to have the best balance between regulator and hammer, gain consistency and precision.
What I do:
1º- I set the macro wheel to number 13, and I forget about it, I don't touch it anymore.
2º- Regulator at 110 bar and I start the micro wheel at 0 and I go up 4 clips, a couple of timed shots and I go up 4 clips trying to find the maximum speed of this pellet with that regulator
In theory I look for the 96% formula to find the plateau, where is the problem? Well at 110 bar the highest speed is above 1100fps and is very far from the 880 that I am looking for and when applying the 96% formula the speed always remains above 880 fps.
This happens to me when configuring the regulator at 80,90,100,120 bar, and if I set the regulator to 50,60,70 bar when I manage to reach those 880 fps the difference from the highest to lowest speed does not leave me any room to regulate.
Question,
Due to its configuration, this weapon cannot be regulated in this way. Do I have to use heavier pellets? Am I doing it wrong? Or do I simply leave the macro wheel at 13, for example, and look for 880 fps with the micro wheel and with the regulator as low as possible and forget to look for a balance between regulator and hammer blow?
There is something that I am missing, what am I doing wrong? Any help would be very helpful so I can enjoy my weapon knowing that everything is fine.
Thank you all very much and I look forward to reading your comments.

I don't own a King, although I did want one. I got the Impact M4 instead. It also has the 600mm barrel. Ernest Rowe has an excellent video on M3 Tuning. The M3/M4 has the same regulator (M4 only has 1 instead of 2 regulators), and macro/micro adjusters and are probably very similar in tuning. Using an 18gr .22 pellet, I would start with a regulator pressure of between 80-90 BAR and set the macro wheel at 8 and the micro wheel at 3 and go from there.

Thank you very much for your reply. I had already seen that video and made the adjustment just as Ernest Rowe does. I have watched the video again in more detail and according to Ernest, he obtained the information directly from the FX department. From what I see, it is that simple and there is no need to look for three legs on a cat. I think I was looking for more adjustments than there really are.
Thanks.

While I don't have a King, and I don't know where on the wheel number 13 is, but I would think that the wheel number should be closer to 5 through 7 maybe?
You should start on a lower number and shoot until you reach the plateau for that number. If it's not where you want it, adjust the wheel up one number and try again. The hammer at number 13 is likely striking the valve too hard.
I have an M2 that I use the number 7 on and it's tuned right at 892 FPS after making macro adjustments with the 'small' adjuster. The regulator is set at 108bar. This for 25 caliber, 25.4 grain FX pellets.
I hope that this is useful.

mike

Reactions: Rizz01