FX fx liners

I bought a pre-owned FX Impact M3 with various barrel liners. i have 2 700mm .22 barrel liners. one is for slugs and the other is for pellets. these are not marked on the liner itself. how can i tell which liner is for which ammo?
Realistically, unless you're gonna shoot slugs over 34 grains, you should be just fine with either one.

Reactions: HogKiller
Unless it's a pellet A liner. Which it's proably not. But might still shoot ok.
When I had the pellet liner in my impact compact mk2 22 I could shoot slugs just fine. Later one got a 700mm barrel and tested both and neither were better than the other after I polished them.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I am running HN 36gr slugs just fine in the FX STD liner ( M3 700mm .22cal)
That's kind of what I am getting at. They (FX/FX sponsored utubers) would say the STD liner was good to 26gr, you needed the heavier twist liner for the heavier slugs, then other have stated you're just fine to shoot up to 33.5-34gr with the STD liner. But it's reall just a matter of testing your equipment out.

I have several liners in 22 and 25.
You need to measure the Twist Rate, and write it down;
You need to slug it to measure the groove OD and write it down;
You need to push a pellet through the entire length to feel a choke and write it down;
Liners even with same TR can still have different (more or less) amount of choke.... different PN's (part numbers).

Last edited: