FX FX M3 Compact .25 Pellets

I dont think you will be able to find a 25Cal pellet that is too heavy for the standard STX Superior liner. A lot of Impact owners shoot the ~34g JSB/FX with great accuracy. Now if you are talking slugs then you for sure will hit a point where the slower twist rate wont do well with heavier slugs. Low 30s is about all I would try but there are lots of great choices in that range. I would suggest trying some 34g pellets and some lighter ~25-26g pellets first.

Reactions: Firewalker
I picked up a used M3 .25 Compact barrel I'll be putting on my MKII. It has the standard/stock liner. I'm pretty new to this and was wondering if there's a max recommended pellet weight you can shoot through the standard liner? Thanks.
Good question, 33.9 for sure. I can launch 25.3's out of my .22 MAVERICK Compact 500 but I did put the new heavy soda straw, it really did help with the higher twist rate even with light pellets at higher speeds so heavier than 33.9 is possible with a higher twist rate liner, I"ve found that the AEA 33.9's work awesomely well in my Mav. VP 600.

Thanks for the reply. And just to confirm, you are running the standard liner? Didn't put the heavy/slug liner in it?
Yes sir regular liner and no carbon sleeve.
IMG_3502.jpeg

Reactions: olsenjb