FX Maverick and Wildcat BT Quick Tune System

I thought about this too -- why isn't there a flood of orders for the micrometer mod? I think the answer is that a lot of (most?) mav and wildcat3 owners have their guns tuned well enough already, so they just have no need for it yet. Why buy a tuning mod that is going to make them have to re-tune their gun when their gun is already shooting well? I'm guessing that most mav and wildcat3 owners are now aware that this mod exists and it's probably obvious to them that this is a rock-solid precision replacement for the fx power wheel junk.

I don't think there will ever be a flood of orders for this mod. But I do think there will be a constant stream of orders for it as mav and wildcat3 owners re-tune their rifles and realize that's the time to place an order for the micrometer.

stovepipe
If I was FX I’d buy the innovation, dress it up and add it to the Impact portfolio.

I thought about this too -- why isn't there a flood of orders for the micrometer mod? I think the answer is that a lot of (most?) mav and wildcat3 owners have their guns tuned well enough already, so they just have no need for it yet. Why buy a tuning mod that is going to make them have to re-tune their gun when their gun is already shooting well? I'm guessing that most mav and wildcat3 owners are now aware that this mod exists and it's probably obvious to them that this is a rock-solid precision replacement for the fx power wheel junk.

I don't think there will ever be a flood of orders for this mod. But I do think there will be a constant stream of orders for it as mav and wildcat3 owners re-tune their rifles and realize that's the time to place an order for the micrometer.

stovepipe
I am looking forward to tuning for different pellet weights. I have two goals as I explore this hobby/rabbit hole. I'm trying to get to 1 moa from the bench at 50 yd... maybe 75 yd by end of the year? And the second, which is where I am counting on the quick tune is to get under 20 ft-lb so I can shoot field target. I know .177 is better, and the Wildcat platform isn't ideal, but a start. Ranging will be another "trick" to learn. Theory is simple, but putting it into practice is where the rubber hits the road.

Phil-
Just a new piece of info for you. I was having trouble getting consistent strings without 1-2 high variance (20 fps )shots. Also was getting some creep in 2nd reg of 7-8 bar from 78 bar to 85-86.
So I went back and checked the front reg and found issues-

The front reg had a bad oring which I replaced ( I thought it was set for 150 bar!). Actually the bad o ring was allowing the full 250 bar to “press” on the 2nd reg, causing creep. I also thought it would be better to have less pressure on 2nd reg so I re set the first reg to about 40 bar higher than 2nd reg.
Bingo! All issues were fixed! Get 2-3 bar creep now but the std deviation is 1-2 fps and there are NO unusual, big jumps in the shot strings. I finally see what you are getting!
Thanks for this innovation😃!

HI
Phil one issue which i am still battling with my maverick is the velocity of the first 3 shots after having start from cold (gun sitting for some hours ) or when chaging the magazine , it is invariably lower than the remaining shots, even though the second regulator is at its set pressure,
i have long suspected it is due to hammer spring tension ,pls let me have yourr experince and thoughts on the same while using the quick tune systen.
Thans
Ashish
Just posted this elsewhere. Thought it might interest you!

Just a new piece of info for you. I was having trouble getting consistent strings without 1-2 high variance (20 fps )shots. Also was getting some creep in 2nd reg of 7-8 bar from 78 bar to 85-86.
So I went back and checked the front reg and found issues-

The front reg had a bad oring which I replaced ( I thought it was set for 150 bar!). Actually the bad o ring was allowing the full 250 bar to “press” on the 2nd reg, causing creep. I also thought it would be better to have less pressure on 2nd reg so I re set the first reg to about 40 bar higher than 2nd reg.
Bingo! All issues were fixed! Get 2-3 bar creep now but the std deviation is 1-2 fps and there are NO unusual, big jumps in the shot strings. I finally see what you are getting!
Thanks for this innovation😃!

Ashish,
Do you have a digital gauge on the 2nd reg? Your issue sounds like reg creep and it's nearly impossible to tell if you have the analog gauge. My guess is that hammer spring is very consistent and it's the plenum pressure is the real variable. Let me know if you have the digital gauge.
rpw
Yes, it’s a Sekhmet digital. Like I said everything got better once I fixed the front reg’s oring and lowered it to about 40 bar over the rear reg. From 150 bar(which I thought it was!!!) to 120-ish(analog). Rear reg was at about 80 bar.
The bad front reg oring was allowing the full bottle pressure of 250 bar(pushing on the rear reg ) to help cause the higher creep. I had already polished the adjustment screw on the rear regulator to try to address the high creep with only a little success.
Both the occasional high fps(std deviations of 1-2 fps) spreads and the creep(2-3 bar over 24 hours) are very reasonable now.

Reactions: 850renxrs