FX Maverick and Wildcat BT Quick Tune System

Hey Daniel,

Yes. Kits for both the Maverick and the Wildcat III are scheduled to be finished by the end of April, beginning of May. Just keep an eye on Ebay and the Youtube channel.

Thanks for messaging!
rpw
Thanks for the innovation! Will you sell the micrometer portion by itself? I’d like to order one! I have a Maverick.22 compact.

Thanks for the innovation! Will you sell the micrometer portion by itself? I’d like to order one! I have a Maverick.22 compact.
Yeah, he does, but I think everything is out of stock for now. Find him on eBay and keep an eye on it. I bought just the adjuster and it is so nice. You know exactly where your adjustments are all of the time. So easy to tune. This is how it should’ve been built in the first place.

Reactions: Patrick1
I really want the micrometer adjuster for my maverick. It's perfect for me. But my buddy hunts with it a lot and he's convinced that the micrometer will get busted out in the field. What do you guy's think -- how likely is it that the micrometer will get busted by setting the gun down on it's ass or bumping the butt against a tree while maneuvering up/down steep forested ridges? I know this is all subjective, but any feedback as to the durability/toughness of the micrometer will help.

stovepipe

In terms of construction, the block is solid aluminum and the micrometer is all steel. You will never know if it works for you until you take it hunting. Here is a video from one of the guys on youtube who uses it for hunting in TN.

Thanks for your interest!

Excellent video by tnsharpshooter. Everything he said was the same things I've been telling my hunting buddy. I'm ordering the micrometer adjuster today. I won't even worry about the micrometer getting busted -- if it does get busted I'll buy a new one to replace it. The only really bad thing that could happen is if the maverick's main block gets busted along with the micrometer -- that would suck.

For what it's worth, my buddy is not abusive with the maverick. He's got as much money invested in it as I do so he's got plenty of incentive to be careful with it. It's just the terrain he deals with sometimes puts him on his ass (or his face) and the butt of the gun is usually what hits the ground in an attempt to save it.

stovepipe

The FX Maverick micrometer is ordered. One of the concerns my hunting buddy had about it was how easily he could accidentally brush against it and change the setting. I'm going to put a small amount of Teflon paste on the micrometer threads. The paste I'm talking about is commonly used by plumbers in conjunction with Teflon tape on pipe threads. The paste is tacky like pine tree sap, but it never completely hardens or dries out like tree sap. Non-technically speaking, it is a lubricant that is thick as hell and is not affected by temperature. As far as I know, there are no solvents that can clean it off of the threads. It can be slowly "wiped" off of male threads with enough paper towels and a good grip. I think the Teflon paste will work nicely to eliminate non-intentional micrometer setting changes.

stovepipe

I got the micrometer adjuster for the maverick yesterday (fast shipping). I won't be using teflon paste like I thought I would. There is already an o-ring in the micrometer that keeps the dial knob (thimbal) from freely spinning. It looks like I could easily add more o-rings if I wanted more resistance. Phil, this is excellent!

stovepipe

Reactions: Shooting with Phil
If you have the stock buttpad on it still, you can slide it up against the bottom of the thimble and it helps to secure it also.
My hunting buddy just dropped by to return the maverick after a week of hunting. I handed the micrometer to him to check out and he no longer has any worry about it getting accidentally moved out of adjustment. The o-ring holds the setting well enough in place for both of us (target shooter and hunter). We both keep an eye on the plenum pressure gauge while shooting and we will just do the same with the micrometer setting. Not a problem. Excellent product.

stovepipe

I've been playing with re-tuning my fx maverick 30 cal sniper with the micrometer hammer spring adjuster. Plenum pressure 161 bar, 13 gram hammer weight, huma tuning spring, huma pin probe (full length -- not filed down), nsa 54.5 gr slugs, 1:18 twist liner, single regulator (replaced 2nd regulator tube section with another stock plenum section). I would have never guessed that a 0.04mm change in hammer spring compression on my rifle could change my tune

FROM
950 fps avg
ES about 20 fps
SD over 4 fps

TO
961 fps avg
ES 9 fps
SD 2.3 fps

Maybe the amount of change in the tune is not that surprising, but having absolute spring compression values to within 1/100th of a mm in my log book and easily being able to set the compression to exactly what it was makes this micrometer mod very valuable to me. I've only had the micrometer on my mav for about a week and it's already paid for itself in terms of the time it has saved me and what I've learned from having it. Tuning my mav used to be frustrating -- now it's actually fun.

Thanks again to Phil for making this mod happen.

stovepipe

I opted for just the hammer adjuster. I love it. It is easier and more precise than even my panthera hunters adjustments. Sooner or later I will be ordering another one for my other maverick. The only advice I have for anyone who has one or is interested in getting one is once you get it set use your phone and take a pic of it incase it gets accidentally bumped. The nob has a little resistance but I have noticed mine moved twice in the 4-6 months I have had it.

Got my quick tune system yesterday and Phil just released a new video on a .22 Compact Wildcat(500mm barrel) with 5 pellet weights from 14.3 to 25.4 gr. He also had a table for each with hs and pressure settings for speeds of 880fps.
I think my job just got much easier on my .22 Maverick Compact!!!

Can’t understand why this hasn’t gained more traction as a real tuning aid innovation! His results are ridiculously good! Makes the Maverick a better choice than any Impact version cuz of the bigger plenum and easier tuning, imo!

Can’t understand why this hasn’t gained more traction as a real tuning aid innovation!
I thought about this too -- why isn't there a flood of orders for the micrometer mod? I think the answer is that a lot of (most?) mav and wildcat3 owners have their guns tuned well enough already, so they just have no need for it yet. Why buy a tuning mod that is going to make them have to re-tune their gun when their gun is already shooting well? I'm guessing that most mav and wildcat3 owners are now aware that this mod exists and it's probably obvious to them that this is a rock-solid precision replacement for the fx power wheel junk.

I don't think there will ever be a flood of orders for this mod. But I do think there will be a constant stream of orders for it as mav and wildcat3 owners re-tune their rifles and realize that's the time to place an order for the micrometer.

stovepipe

Jut an FYI for everyone...........I came up with an alternative quick tune system for the FX Maverick and Wildcat BT. Link to the overview and demonstration video below.

Thanks all and let me know what you think!

SWP
Love it. I think your spread would have been better if you slowed down between shots

I thought about this too -- why isn't there a flood of orders for the micrometer mod? I think the answer is that a lot of (most?) mav and wildcat3 owners have their guns tuned well enough already, so they just have no need for it yet. Why buy a tuning mod that is going to make them have to re-tune their gun when their gun is already shooting well? I'm guessing that most mav and wildcat3 owners are now aware that this mod exists and it's probably obvious to them that this is a rock-solid precision replacement for the fx power wheel junk.

I don't think there will ever be a flood of orders for this mod. But I do think there will be a constant stream of orders for it as mav and wildcat3 owners re-tune their rifles and realize that's the time to place an order for the micrometer.

stovepipe
Yeah…while I think this is super innovative and cool I cannot justify a 100 bucks. I am sure this works better than the stock components however this platform is really easy and fast to tune out of the box.

Reactions: coastal drifter