FX Fx maverick problems

I put new pistons in my regs a month after I purchased my Maverick. First time touching regs and it was pretty easy. No problems getting to them with the Mavs design. Don't forget oring lube . And I use real small adjustments when lowering and take 2 shots in between adjustments. Still using the original orings years later.
Did you replace the oring that seals the reg body into the bottle adapter and the rear reg housing? Those are the tough ones imo.

Did you replace the oring that seals the reg body into the bottle adapter and the rear reg housing? Those are the tough ones imo.

I just removed the piston and washer stack . It all came out together if I remember correct and I reused the orings and lubed them with rc shock oil . I didn't have grease or extra orings at the time . I probably didn't replace the tough ones . My Maverick hasn't had any issues besides the wrong length pistons .

Reactions: MongooseV8
I just removed the piston and washer stack . It all came out together if I remember correct and I reused the orings and lubed them with rc shock oil . I didn't have grease or extra orings at the time . I probably didn't replace the tough ones . My Maverick hasn't had any issues besides the wrong length pistons .
Oh are there different pistons? Interesting I assumed all the AMP brass pistons were the same. Figures though lol.

Oh are there different pistons? Interesting I assumed all the AMP brass pistons were the same. Figures though lol.

When they first started putting brass pistons in the Maverick the were too long. So with your adjustment screw flush , max , you couldn't get the pressure up to where it should be . It was around 120 bar max on mine . Gave many owners fits . FX knew the exact issue and sent me some plastic ones that were the correct length.

Reactions: MongooseV8