FX Maverick VP 22... How best to silence?

Hi all,

Noob here. I just bought the FX Maverick VP 22 and want to silence it. I am looking at the Emperor 3, Fatboy 2, and Koi from DonnyFL My priority is reducing the decibels as much as possible. Regarding the Emperor 3, I am thinking that a 600mm barrel sleeve is needed. I suppose my key question is.. Does the higher priced Emperor and Fatboy offer a significant decibel reduction over the Koi at 22 caliber? or is the higher price attributed to the wider calibers supported? I am fine with not moving it to other rifles and calibers. Thus, it the db reduction is only negligible then Koi seems like the winner among DonnyFL products for a FX Maverick VP 22. It looks like the best value. Please enlighten me with your opinion as I am sure I am off target.

Aside... I was thinking overkill would be the Emperor 3 with the new Fatboy extension. Would this configuration perform well or just a waste of money?

-dasf

I have a Sumo on one and a DonnyFl FX stock version on the other. Honestly the standard FX he sells does well until you get past 40 foot pounds. The Emperor is overkill on a 22cal, even maxed out its overkill. I'm thinking about getting a Ronin on my 25cal Sniper version but it's shooting 77 foot pounds and its loud. The Sumo is quieter than the Fatboy. I think that's why they made an extension for it. I've had a Koi and its good, but a little less than the Sumo. 

FWPR2352.1645150085.JPG
 the wylie is just as good lighter shorter

Before buying a big hollow can to knock down the sound, check the Silent Thunder Ordinance line of moderators out. They are engineered to reduce sound at given volume and range. Be sure to get it sized correctly for the air usage, otherwise it may not be as quiet at you anticipate. They are actually quieter the more air that is used.

I have DonnyFL moderators and have made a few moderators- various size cans from 30mm to 40mm diameter. I also have a Weihrauch moderator and have experience with a friend’s Huma moderator. I can tell you that DEFINITELY the Weihrauch and Huma moderators were quieter than the DonnyFLs. The Weihrauch uses the “hair curler with washers” type of internal design - simple - and in the case of noise reduction, simple works extremely well. This Weihrauch moderator I use has a 30mm diameter and is the quietest that I own - by a noticeable margin. (The Huma was about the same - but I don’t own it - yet) Also, another thing I’ve noticed that is just my experience- using a FATTER can does not seem to reduce sound volume as well as using a LONGER moderator. That is just my experience, but I’ve got experience with at least 10 moderators now.

Reactions: Macros
You can never go wrong with a Sumo, I have 3 of them on my higher powered AGs. 

I put a Tatsu on my Dreamline Compact it is 22cal at 31fbs short barrel no silencing really as it came and the Tatsu is plenty good for me.

I originally had a Sumo on it but with the short barrel I thought it looked funny.

How much quieter with a Tatsu vs with a Sumo? Or are they all about the same?