FX FX Panthera compact hunter 177

Quito

May 29, 2024
Hi,

I am trying to get my fps up shooting zan 13g slugs but I get stuck at around 845fps with the reg set at 110bar.
micro wheel is almost at 4.
raising the reg pressure does not make much difference.
It is not a sub 12 version As I’m located in Denmark.

any idea why I can not get the velocity up?

thanks
Quito

Went up to 125bar yesterday but did not notice any difference. I’ll give it a try starting from 130bar 😊
As reg pressure goes up, hammer strike energy generally needs to go up as well ( Tho no idea where tune is currently at )
Also with increases in reg pressure the Dwell generally comes down having the muzzle report crisper sounding.

* If pressure IS NOT producing more power, the hammer fitted might be too light ?

Again, not an FX guy, tho others should join in & would follow there suggestions over mine ;)

Hi,

I am trying to get my fps up shooting zan 13g slugs but I get stuck at around 845fps with the reg set at 110bar.
micro wheel is almost at 4.
raising the reg pressure does not make much difference.
It is not a sub 12 version As I’m located in Denmark.

any idea why I can not get the velocity up?

thanks
Quito
Maxed out. You'll need longer barrel for more veclicty.,or turn reg up. As you turn your spring up,you should turn reg up also,they work together.

Yeah this is a good point. OP is certainly already well past the realm of diminishing returns. Even with a higher reg setting and heavier hammer, with a super short barrel the gain is likely only small fps.
the fps will go up with a higher reg pressure and heavy hammer but the riffle will not be accurate and it will be very loud due to excess air

Yeah this is a good point. OP is certainly already well past the realm of diminishing returns. Even with a higher reg setting and heavier hammer, with a super short barrel the gain is likely only small fps.
If that what other people's rifles shooting,back your setting down a little and it should shoot good and save you some air.

Reactions: Quito