FX Fx panthera compact hunter build

So this is currently the rig lay out. Gun is less then 2 weeks old and I'm in between keeping it or trying my luck at edgun leshiy in .22. Nothing wrong with platform. I'm just a man that wants to fire every awesome platform. I've only shot 2 mags so far and was instantly amazed. Now my challenge freak side wants a new challenge. This is not a ad lol. Fx did well with this dynamic block platform in my opinion.
20240725_173836_HDR.jpg
20240725_173840_HDR.jpg
20240725_173842_HDR.jpg

My Panthera hunter is one of my favorite guns I own, and that includes powder burners. Such a sweet spot of a setup. Folds up tiny, dead nuts accurate, comfortable. Not much more to ask for. I have a 2-10 on mine and although I have a behemoth moderator on there now I usually keep something smaller on it.

I have a couple Leshiys also and they are really cool, but if I had to pick one or the other, it would be Panthera hunter, hands down.

IMG_3918.jpeg
IMG_3919.jpeg

So this is currently the rig lay out. Gun is less then 2 weeks old and I'm in between keeping it or trying my luck at edgun leshiy in .22. Nothing wrong with platform. I'm just a man that wants to fire every awesome platform. I've only shot 2 mags so far and was instantly amazed. Now my challenge freak side wants a new challenge. This is not a ad lol. Fx did well with this dynamic block platform in my opinion.View attachment 482881View attachment 482882View attachment 482883
I like it but would get rid of the rear bottle and protruding guages to keep it sleek and svelte…

Reactions: addison
My Panthera hunter is one of my favorite guns I own, and that includes powder burners. Such a sweet spot of a setup. Folds up tiny, dead nuts accurate, comfortable. Not much more to ask for. I have a 2-10 on mine and although I have a behemoth moderator on there now I usually keep something smaller on it.

I have a couple Leshiys also and they are really cool, but if I had to pick one or the other, it would be Panthera hunter, hands down.

View attachment 483437View attachment 483438
What makes it your favorite? Is its accuracy that is super amazing?

I like it but would get rid of the rear bottle and protruding guages to keep it sleek and svelte…
Why getting rid of the rear bottle? It would cut in half air reserve and therefore number of shots. It does not add much extra weight (CF bottle), counterbalances the front part so it probably feels more like a bullpup in your hands and shouldn't really interfere with your shoulder as it's under buttstock. For me, this setup with two bottles looks perfect. Pardon my ignorance if I don't understand or miss something here.

Reactions: L.Leon
What projectile and speeds is it tuned to shoot?
You know I haven't tested speeds yet or done much ammo shooting if really any. With just now shooting 3 mags from it. Im shooting fx 15.89gr pellets and there touching a coke can at 125yards easy with weather condition here in jackson tn. Jackson tn is the condition if you want to know or look up the environment I'm shooting in. To be fair I'm shooting from window in my house because the rain.

Reactions: L.Leon
I’ve thought about that as well. Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid/change the angled block on the guages?
There useful for just glancing over to see your read outs without turning gun upside down or completely on its side. Its made for run and gun style courses or hunters that need the convenience of the above stated points.

Why getting rid of the rear bottle? It would cut in half air reserve and therefore number of shots. It does not add much extra weight (CF bottle), counterbalances the front part so it probably feels more like a bullpup in your hands and shouldn't really interfere with your shoulder as it's under buttstock. For me, this setup with two bottles looks perfect. Pardon my ignorance if I don't understand or miss something here.
No ignorance on your part, just “my personal” preference is all…. “shot count” can be overrated and overstated particularly for hunting. My 33 shot count Atomic XR is plenty for ratting. Because getting 30+ shots on rats is extremely rare. There was a time I got 30 plus rats a night, but those days have passed. I prefer cyclinder PCPs and do have two single bottle guns… But draw the line on two bottle guns…🙏

No ignorance on your part, just “my personal” preference is all…. “shot count” can be overrated and overstated particularly for hunting. My 33 shot count Atomic XR is plenty for ratting. Because getting 30+ shots on rats is extremely rare. There was a time I got 30 plus rats a night, but those days have passed. I prefer cyclinder PCPs and do have two single bottle guns… But draw the line on two bottle guns…🙏
Thank you for the explanation :). Appreciate it!

Reactions: addison