• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX FX Panthera Hunter Compact VS BRK Ghost Carbine

I think a FX Wildcat BT Compact (aka Maverick) is a better comparison. A small package with a longer 500 mm barrel.

The BRK seems a little more solid built and the barrel is one piece.

It comes down to if you prefer Swiss or Blue cheese. :)

PM me if I can help with more specific questions.
I know they are nota straight comparison but I just would like to know what everyone thing just on those two air guns specifically.

I’ve owned 2 mavericks and a m3. I also have 2 ghosts. Never shot a panthera of any sort but I’m happy with my 2 ghosts! They are less maintenance, have less to be a problem 13 o rings I think. Never had a point of impact change and while they might produce a tiny bit less power are very accurate! Take the ghost over fx anyday

@Echo, I own the Ghost Carbine and like the smaller bottle and shorter shroud. With the 0dB moderator its 30”, 25 1/2 without moderator. I like to keep as short as possible.
IMG_1487.jpeg

I think that main thing to decide is the power you want and the distance you wanto to be able to shoot.

For closer to 130 yards both FX Compact and Ghost will accomplish perfectly.

If you want be able to shoot with EXTREME accuracy at 200 and 300 yards, the name of the gamer is Vulcan 3 700 mm.

The only problem you will have with the Vulcan 3 is that it cost 30% less than the Ghost.... So you will have the horrible burden of finding something else to spend that money.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Echo and EDventure
I think that main thing to decide is the power you want and the distance you wanto to be able to shoot.

If you want be able to shoot with EXTREME accuracy at 200 and 300 yards, the name of the gamer is Vulcan 3 700 mm.

The only problem you will have with the Vulcan 3 is that it cost 30% less than the Ghost.... So you will have the horrible burden of finding something else to spend that money.
100 yards “is” long range for the majority of airgunners let alone 130 yards, particularly in achieving consistently good accuracy in varying conditions…🙄

The percentage of shooters who try to achieve “ ‘EXTREME, consistent accuracy?’ at 200 and 300 yards…” with PCPs 🙈🙄??? Miniscule. Getting into PCPs to shoot out to 300 yards seems like going about it the hard way. There are firearms that are just way more efficient and accurate at those ranges. 🙏 That said with my Ghost Carbine .22 am comfortable on small mammals out to 60+ yards. Pest birds out to 100 yards and that depends on conditions…

Reactions: Echo

It will mainly be for under 100 yards. For past 100 yard ranges I have my powder burners.

An100 yards “is” long range for the majority of airgunners let alone 130 yards, particularly in achieving consistently good accuracy in varying conditions…🙄

The percentage of shooters who try to achieve “ ‘EXTREME, consistent accuracy?’ at 200 and 300 yards…” with PCPs 🙈🙄??? Miniscule. Getting into PCPs to shoot out to 300 yards seems like going about it the hard way. There are firearms that are just way more efficient and accurate at those ranges. 🙏 That said with my Ghost Carbine .22 am comfortable on small mammals out to 60+ yards. Pest birds out to 100 yards and that depends on conditions…
I know that you are right Luis.

But believe me that having the certainty of hitting a dove at 170 yards is " an experience you should have before you die" !!

Reactions: L.Leon