FX FX problems

This is not to hate FX this is just to question the build of a gun?
The Impact has been sold for what 10 years or more ? Why is there still a POI problem..
And I have been told but this gun wins all the titles, Well to me that's like saying Honda wins the Indy 500 , I own a Honda mine will not win the Indy 500,,, Maybe a bad example but you get the point,,
Now I am still pissed at RTI, They sold me a Prophet 2 compact with a different barrel as advertised, Also I had to fix a valve on the NEW gun, RTI did send a valve to fix the problem.
But I still had to fix it !!!
So what is FX doing to fix the POI problem?? Or is FX just saying WHAT PROBLEM?
The Mora is looking real good but RTI burnet me once with the P-2 Not jumping on that new gun just yet,,
I have been in this sport a long time I am just not used to working on a new gun to get it fixed right..
Maybe I should just stick with my Crickets,Vulcans, Mutants , and Uragans ?
When the Marauders 1st came out I bought one, welcome to the PCP world, anyway super accurate 25 caliber with a G barreal, If I set that gun down went to lunch it would be 2 " off target, Sight it back in, Put it up for the night next day it would be 1 " off target, The POI drove me nuts with that gun , Yes I bought all the barreal bands when they came out helped but never really fixed the POI change,, But sight it in and it opened my eyes to shooting flies at distance , Put an order in for a new 22 Cricket and had to wait 6 months , End of POI problem , Now this is back when company's stopped caring FX products as they were overwhelmed with warranty work, 99.5 % of the guns came back for work, I am pretty sure that was mostly the Impacts ..
Mike
Can you describe the POI problems of your impact in detail? The guns you mentioned that had POI issues are not made by FX. What am I missing here?

There is a lot that can go into a POI issue. And it’s not necessary exclusive to Airguns. I have a .22LR that has a cold bore shift. Temperature, velocity change, lube on the projectile, parallax, shooter form and holding your crosshairs canted are just a few off ways your POI can move.

Not say there isn’t a design flaw here. Because I don’t know. I don’t own an impact. I do own a FX Crown MK2 though. Im always slightly skeptical though when I hear someone blame the gun for an issue that could have come from many different variables.

Reactions: Airgun Al
Wouldn't using a thick CF sleeve over the liner stiffen them up? Is that possible on these guns? I don't own one for reference, but I get the idea of how they're assembled.
They have a barrel tentioner but i think you have to have a propper barrel theres is not a real barrel its thin crappy metal with a pressed smooth like rifling some crazy crap they came up with

thats sad, I have one and its great. I hope you find one that makes you happy.
Yeah i glad its working for you because i dont wish anything bad on someone spending that much i just rather have guns with real barrels not some cheap made pressed in rifling thats not propper and real barrel you dont need a tension kit like the fx but i am glad it works for you

• Haha
Reactions: coastal drifter
Yeah i glad its working for you because i dont wish anything bad on someone spending that much i just rather have guns with real barrels not some cheap made pressed in rifling thats not propper and real barrel you dont need a tension kit like the fx but i am glad it works for you
You have made your point ad-nauseam … perhaps stop shi**ing on this thread and move on to your next insight.

I understand your confidence with classic stock guns, but tell me if I am wrong if I read the most % complains from FX bullpup owners?
I think I’ve read a good many Crown owners having issues over the years but definitely far less than the aluminum guns. But my Dreamtac is not a bullpup. It was 100% noodle in the wind like a Crown. On the long weekends of shooting I spoke of, the Edgun and Taipan were pups. Can’t even remember the last time I clicked a scope on them to rezero.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Some guns may be more prone to POI shifts, but if a person knows that going in, they should budget for any necessary fixes. If someone is looking at a 1500 dollar gun that's reported to have an issue and it takes another 150 to fix it, they should be prepared to spend 1650 on the gun. If that puts it out of their budget, they should look for a different gun.

Here is the only solution for FX POI issues. poop can the original barrel system and have a real barrel fit to it .I did itto my crown and problem solved .

1000002846.jpg

Last edited:
Some guns may be more prone to POI shifts, but if a person knows that going in, they should budget for any necessary fixes. If someone is looking at a 1500 dollar gun that's reported to have an issue and it takes another 150 to fix it, they should be prepared to spend 1650 on the gun. If that puts it out of their budget, they should look for a different gun.

Reactions: balver
The only problem with the FX Impact is FX should have made it a custom build rifle for 2,000 USD more.

This rifle should be custom built at the same level as a Thomas.

It should be custom built at the same level as a Richard Sachs bicycle.

I own one of the former and 2 of the later and the only trash talk about either are from those who cannot afford to own one, which means their opinions are irrelevant.

Last edited:
The only problem with the FX Impact is FX should have made it a custom build rifle for 2,000 USD more.

I own one of the former and 2 of the later and the only trash talk about either are from those who cannot afford to own one, which means their opinions are irrelevant.
I guess you can say that about (all) airguns above the $2000. price range then.

Reactions: WoodWelder

Yesiree!
Then I would really be hanckerin' to buy a couple