FX FX repair shop near San Francisco/Bay Area?

Sounds like the perfect time to try your hand at some shade tree pcp surgery. You can order a stock FX replacement from Utah or HPP, or an upgraded Huma from the same or even direct from Huma. I suggest replacing the whole reg, and saving your original for spare parts in the future. There are some really great instructional videos on youtube still. All you really need is some Super Lube, a good set of hex keys, and maybe a soft pick.

Reactions: TL100
You can strip the gun down to just the block and send it in. That makes the shipping very cheap. How I sent mine to cape fear airguns. People are correct it is a good opportunity to try for yourself. I did it and after taking 1 hour to get that little bastard of an oring into its spot in the very bottom of the regulator I was losing my mind. I briefly tried at the one in the threaded hole and said screw it and mailed it. I may just have sucky hand eye coordination as many do it no problem. Worth trying but sending just the block will save shipping if frustration gets you like me….lol. Probably would get easier after doing it a few times but there are many guns to choose from that are way easier to deal with.

You can strip the gun down to just the block and send it in. That makes the shipping very cheap. How I sent mine to cape fear airguns. People are correct it is a good opportunity to try for yourself. I did it and after taking 1 hour to get that little bastard of an oring into its spot in the very bottom of the regulator I was losing my mind. I briefly tried at the one in the threaded hole and said screw it and mailed it. I may just have sucky hand eye coordination as many do it no problem. Worth trying but sending just the block will save shipping if frustration gets you like me….lol. Probably would get easier after doing it a few times but there are many guns to choose from that are way easier to deal with.
That's a great suggestion and that would be my Plan B if I can't find a local shop (not just for now but for future instances). Appreciate the tip.

Reactions: Trucker3573
Why not DIY replace your regulator. A lot cheaper than shipping a gun across the country. You may learn something as a side benefit. Never too old to learn.
You're absolutely right. I've tinkered with a few guns in the past, but I'm hesitant to put my hands on a finer machine like an FX. Give me a '60 muscle car and I can replace a carburetor in 10 minutes. On a Tesla... I would not know how to change the ambient lights :(

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Sounds like the perfect time to try your hand at some shade tree pcp surgery. You can order a stock FX replacement from Utah or HPP, or an upgraded Huma from the same or even direct from Huma. I suggest replacing the whole reg, and saving your original for spare parts in the future. There are some really great instructional videos on youtube still. All you really need is some Super Lube, a good set of hex keys, and maybe a soft pick.

I like the idea of a shade tree pcp surgery! Need to make sure whether it's just the seal or the entire reg is busted (I fear the latter). BlackICE's suggestion of a full replacement might be just the best course of action. Thanks for the video. Amazing how literally everything's at your fingertips today. Cheers.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a shade tree pcp surgery! Need to make sure whether it's just the seal or the entire reg is busted (I fear the latter). BlackICE's suggestion of a full replacement might be just the best course of action. Thanks for the video. Amazing how literally everything's at your fingertips today. Cheers.
Its probably just the oring(s) but a lot of people damage the brass parts of the reg trying to remove them. If you order the whole reg you can just slam it in and have extra parts afterwards.