FX FX...... Where the pieces are manufactured?

Recently purchased an Athlon Talos spotting scope. Good value for money. Will be looking at Athlon scopes in the future.

Lowest bidder -

Last edited:
People get the misconception that everything is junk in China, but thats not the case at all.

Chinese factories give you options what you want, if you want top class stuff, you have to pay the price for production.

For example. Hawke, Athlon, Element Optics are all made in Chinese factories, (except their topline).
theres a reason why people consider msot stuff from china junk. Its because 99.9% of the time it is or that its low quality or doesnt last. Yes there is some things that are ok. but generally theres a valid reason for the stereotype.

Reactions: pan60
Garbage steel on the knives. Junk will not keep an edge. They look nice and are put together well, but crap for the actual blade.
I would agree they are not as good as other brands when it comes to available steel, but they are low cost alloys. I have found my pile of Civivi D2 and 14C28N to be the same or better quality when compared to other brands across the globe.

theres a reason why people consider msot stuff from china junk. Its because 99.9% of the time it is or that its low quality or doesnt last. Yes there is some things that are ok. but generally theres a valid reason for the stereotype.

wrong points lol, if China wasnt around you couldnt buy an Athlon for a very nice price and good quality.

European and Japanese riflescopes are very very expensive.

wrong points lol, if China wasnt around you couldnt buy an Athlon for a very nice price and good quality.

European and Japanese riflescopes are very very expensive.
If every part has an international price (commodity), then the reduced price is possible because of less pay to people that produce the goods…… That mean that we as consumers are pushing in order that people earn less money ….. We could think that the workers that receive small salaries live in China, but the fact is that if factories are in China, then the future is to have lees local employment, because is more expensive, and then people don’t buy more expensive goods……..

This explanation may sound too simple….. But simple do not mean, in this case , false …… We are building future local social caos.

Reactions: efem09
I think I watched a video of someone visiting the factory at Sweden.

I was of the idea that every pin, screw and piece was made in Sweden.

At least my Panthera do not seem a cheap making. Problematic, indeed, but not cheap (except the butt pad).
That was probably the AEAC video that Steve Scialle did a while back.

Reactions: Emu
Why on earth does this even matter? If it works, it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't no matter what country. Personally, there are American made products I wouldn't go near with a 10 foot pole. (I'm sure THAT will get me in trouble).
It matters because it is FX.
When you are an FX hater you sit around thinking of another reason to hate FX.
What else are you going to do with your time when you never have to touch your air gun except to shoot it? Well, you set out to convert the lost souls and prevent any neophytes from falling into the tar pit know as FX. It is the least you can do.

• Haha
Reactions: airprsr
Garbage steel on the knives. Junk will not keep an edge. They look nice and are put together well, but crap for the actual blade.
Depends on the knife. There are Civivi and We knives out there with NitroV, Damascus, M390, 14C28N, D2 and CPM 20CV. All of which are also used in a myriad of small high quality EDC knives made all over.