Gamo Gamo @50y

The ol'gamo on irons , cphp.22 , 50y

whamogamo,50y,irons,cphp 22.jpg
whamogamo, irons, cphp.22,50y.png
whamogamo.png

No too bad to finish up the day and who says you can't shoot well out of Walmart ? 🤤

That's impressive with a big box store gamo!
That's a awesome group at 50 yards with iron sites.👌🏻✅ Well done.
Great shooting Mc Nasty!
Hey there Hateful! ( can I call you Hateful? Mr. McNasty sounds so formal).

Great shooting with your WalMart special!
That is awesome marksmanship with iron sights at 50 yards! Quarter size group 🎯 You have been blessed with good eye sight👀

Thanks ...., but no need for applause just throw me your money
😁

Just awesome groups at 50. For both the rifle and your old scaly eyes!

You just can't beat irons at springer ranges.

I shot exclusively with scopes all my life. I was convinced I could shoot better with one. Then my eyes got blurry. Thought I HAD to have a scope.

Picked up a springer with iron sights and learned I was wrong. Silly wrong.

I shoot just as (almost as) well under 50 and have zero scope/mount/ring issues. I can't figure out why I would mount a scope on my plinkers.

When you loose the scope it sets you free. You channel the rifleman inside. You can guide those pellets into the dot with the power of your gaze.

I think I shoot better with a scope after mastering irons. Just like you get better with a rifle after mastering a springer. Proficiency with iron sights is foundational.

We all learned it shooting BB guns as kids. Somewhere along the line many of us forgot. When we started burning powder we mounted a scope. We never went back.

Hateful, Mr. McNasty sir.... Did you always shoot iron sights regularly or did you go back to it after shooting scopes? Did an air rifle cause you to re-discover irons?

Last edited:
Just awesome groups at 50. For both the rifle and your old scaly eyes!

You just can't beat irons at springer ranges.

I shot exclusively with scopes all my life. I was convinced I could shoot better with one. Then my eyes got blurry. Thought I HAD to have a scope.

Picked up a springer with iron sights and learned I was wrong. Silly wrong.

I shoot just as (almost as) well under 50 and have zero scope/mount/ring issues. I can't figure out why I would mount a scope on my plinkers.

When you loose the scope it sets you free. You channel the rifleman inside. You can guide those pellets into the dot with the power of your gaze.

I think I shoot better with a scope after mastering irons. Just like you get better with a rifle after mastering a springer. Proficiency with iron sights is foundational.

We all learned it shooting BB guns as kids. Somewhere along the line many of us forgot. When we started burning powder we mounted a scope. We never went back.

Hateful, Mr. McNasty sir.... Did you always shoot iron sights regularly or did you go back to it after shooting scopes? Did an air rifle cause you to re-discover irons?
I really never been a scope guy . I use them but just prefer irons. I have shot to 100 y springer and irons .

I really never been a scope guy . I use them but just prefer irons. I have shot to 100 y springer and irons .

I always shot scopes on rifles. I shot pistol, recurve bow, speargun and a shotgun though. All are kinda the same idea. So I guess I didn't drift too far.

My iron sight targets are big at 100 but I love to shoot those distances. I don't take many rested shots. If I do it's off my knees in a lawn chair. So I keep it big and visible out far.

We use an old 1 gallon square oil can at 100. A camping propane bottle at 80. A coffee tumbler at 70. From 60 on in its lots of toy dinosaurs various shapes and sizes. At 35 it's shotgun shells. At 25 plastic army men.

I found that Gamo model you have going for $195 new on the amazon... If I didn't have so many AG's already I'd be tempted. Have to go send some lead down range to keep away the "wants" 😅
Mine was that 6 years ago when I bought it through Walmart .. I guess a good gun holds it's pricing ..lol😉

If getting another I'd try gamo outlet on a referb deal

Reactions: Just Zack 2
Knowing how to use irons is the key to, well, using irons......... You obviously got a handle on it.
I shoot quite a bit with optics, but for relaxation and not fussing about, irons are where it is at.
I shot quite a bit of NRA Service Rifle, High Power, and Palma in the past, and was lucky enough to occasionally be squadded with some sharp cookies. Once I was comfortable enough to ask educated questions, I got the condensed Master Class.
I watched the Capt. of the US Palma team on the 800 yd line, cold bore, cut a 10 with his first sighter. Granted, the wind took him out to the edge of the 9 ring, but I was still floored. That was essentially a cold bore torso hit at 800 with iron sights! Incredible skill that fellow possessed.
I remember that fellow every time I bring my post into the 6 O'clock position, and I still hear him saying there is no substitute for practice. Shoot, shoot a lot, and shoot at range.

Well done Mc.
That display brought up some pleasant memories!

Knowing how to use irons is the key to, well, using irons......... You obviously got a handle on it.
I shoot quite a bit with optics, but for relaxation and not fussing about, irons are where it is at.
I shot quite a bit of NRA Service Rifle, High Power, and Palma in the past, and was lucky enough to occasionally be squadded with some sharp cookies. Once I was comfortable enough to ask educated questions, I got the condensed Master Class.
I watched the Capt. of the US Palma team on the 800 yd line, cold bore, cut a 10 with his first sighter. Granted, the wind took him out to the edge of the 9 ring, but I was still floored. That was essentially a cold bore torso hit at 800 with iron sights! Incredible skill that fellow possessed.
I remember that fellow every time I bring my post into the 6 O'clock position, and I still hear him saying there is no substitute for practice. Shoot, shoot a lot, and shoot at range.

Well done Mc.
That display brought up some pleasant memories!
Tanks.. I just use standard 6 o'clock target hold ..