• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Gamo: A great company, and superb air rifles, power and accuracy

I started out my Gamo journey a couple of years ago having never heard of them. We got a Crosman multiple pump rifle that shot BB'S and pellets 25 years ago and we thought it was pretty decent with good power and accuracy. That being the benchmark, the Gamo Varmint .177 single shot was pretty impressive with much more power and better accuracy. Then I got a Gamo .22 cal. Swarm Power 10X. WHEW! This thing hits HARD and is accurate @ 25 yards...but having had 3 rotator cuff surgeries, my shoulders were aching after 8-10 shots to where I started putting the butt on the ground to cock it. I then decided to get the .177 Swarm Whisper 10X and while it still has impressive power, the Swarm Power hits much harder, unquestionably. All 3 are VERY accurate at 25 yards, and consistently so. I contacted the company as 2 of the 3 scopes on the rifles were foggy and unclear. The only question they asked was what my address was, and I had a new scope, 3-9X, within a week, for both rifles which had come with straight 4X scopes. I couldn't be happier with any of my 3 Gamo air rifles, or with the company as a whole. As for accuracy at 25 yds. I have a "Do-All" Auto Reset, Outdoor Airgun target which has 1.75" swinging teardrops and get 5 consecutive hits quite regularly, and occasionally 10 in a row. That, for me is as good as it gets. My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be, and I was never a "Jed Clampett" quality shooter, lol. Note: The .22 Swarm Power 10X, GEN 2 is hard to find info on, but power-wise it's in the Magnum class...and I know the target I have is only rated for 800fps but seems to be holding up so far.

Do-All Outdoors Airgun Auto Reset