Gamo Coyote .177 Huma regulator setting

You'll need to strip the gun in its entirety (trigger block included) and push the valve block out of the cylinder from the back to the front. Not the reverse, or you'll destroy your o rings! Use a pvc rod to prod the valve block forward. Watch all those little pieces when you remove the breech from the cylinder -- magnet in the magazine slot tends to fall out etc.

Take a look at Lane regs as well, he has 3 plenum sizes and an excellent quality build.

The other thing you'll need to be prepared for is replacing the o ring at the cylinder cap. Your stock one is likely to swell, making it very difficult to re-utilize.

The good news: my coyote shoots much more smoothly (no ping nor action stress anymore) after I put the Lane reg in. It really is a high quality gun with a great build and superb barrel. Good luck!

🐦

Altaros make one for this model also. It's cheaper than the Huma and very easy to install. IMO, these guns do not need regulating. They have a very nice valve and a relatively flat bell curve over a wide pressure range. If you want to keep that 24-joule max power, your shot count will take a hit with any reg. If you don't mind sacrificing some of that power, you can get an increase in shot count. I have tried experimenting with a .22 version and found the disadvantages outweighed the advantages so I reverted mine back to unregulated. If you do decide to go ahead, I recommend opening up the transfer port to allow a lower optimum pressure setpoint for better efficiency. For max power without the transfer port mod. I wouldn't go lower than a150 bar setpoint. With the opened up port, try 120 bar and back the HST back a couple of turns.

Altaros make one for this model also. It's cheaper than the Huma and very easy to install. IMO, these guns do not need regulating. They have a very nice valve and a relatively flat bell curve over a wide pressure range. If you want to keep that 24-joule max power, your shot count will take a hit with any reg. If you don't mind sacrificing some of that power, you can get an increase in shot count. I have tried experimenting with a .22 version and found the disadvantages outweighed the advantages so I reverted mine back to unregulated. If you do decide to go ahead, I recommend opening up the transfer port to allow a lower optimum pressure setpoint for better efficiency. For max power without the transfer port mod. I wouldn't go lower than a150 bar setpoint. With the opened up port, try 120 bar and back the HST back a couple of turns.

Agree, this gun does not really need it. You have a pretty consistent shot string with this gun from 195 bar on down. But I don't regret my mod because the gun had a bit of a ping, which disappeared with the reg as usual. It also sounded strained (throttled, with the hammer spring reverberating somewhat) before I opened up the transfer port to 80% of the caliber. It now has a satisfying dry snap and the shot cycle is high quality smooth. I also fill it up now to 232 bar. My shot count, power, consistency, and accuracy are excellent. In order to get to the sweet spot, I experimented with Reg set points and incremental HST turns, taking notes from the chrony.

The reg/no reg decision is a bit of a balancing act. I would not have really noticed the difference as a beginner because this gun shot accurate at 100m as long as I factored in the (mild) shot curve. But after I became more familiar with the gun (my first PCP) I started noticing the little stresses and wondering about improvement. If I had not been a tinkerer I would not have touched it.

BTW, I would not want to overstate the complexity of this mod either. Thinking it through, applying some patience will get you there. Final point: the brass TP indeed needs to be drilled open to 80% of the caliber.. I always do so by working from both ends, and using several drill bits of increasing size. Never had a problem with mangled transfer ports this way!

🐦

Here is some further info that might come in handy. If you don't want power limitations, go for the largest plenum any day of the week. It will always enable a lower reg set point meaning more regulated shots.

esploso_completo_gamo_bsa.1607899631.jpg

Screenshot_20201213-2138274.1607899667.png

Screenshot_20201213-111412.1607899763.png

🐦