Gamo p-25 magazine latch

After reading multiple complaints about Gamo pistol magazines falling out I concluded that they were mostly new inexperienced shooters who had failed to seat their magazines properly.

All of mine worked fine. But then I started buying up used and broken P-85s and P-25s.

I acquired a broken P-25 and began refurbishing it. When I went to test fire the "repaired" gun, on each shot its mag would unseat just enough to drop the mag wheel down away from the air valve/barrel.

I noticed that the pistol was missing the distinct click when inserting the mag. You could faintly hear and feel mag lock button engage but its grip on the mag was tenuous. I attached a string to the bottom of the mag and discovered that the mag would easily pull out once seated.

First I removed and lubricated the mag button assembly. I inspected these parts and the mag itself. I looked into the mag housing and could see the small black latch bar from the MBA sticking out. It operated when the button was pressed.

The MBA consists of four parts- the left-side button with a spring-loaded shaft. The end of the male shaft is keyed to fit into the female hole in the right-sided latch mechanism.

I reinstalled the MBA repeatedly, thinking that the key was not lining up properly.

No joy. I was stumped. Fortunately I had bought a second P-25 - a long-barreled "tactical" version.

In desperation I switched the MBA between the two pistols. The problem moved to the other tactical pistol.

In my inspection I had noticed that the tiny latching bar had a minute knick in its leading edge. It was so small that I could not believe that the bar would not latch into the slot in the magazine.

But I repaired the bar with a tiny drip of super-glue and let it harden. Problem fixed!

Reactions: dv8eod