Gamo P-85 and P-25

In my research into Gamo pistols (I now have three) I discovered that the P-85 comes with an accessory rail under it's barrel but the P-25 does not (unless you buy the long-barreled version or the separate tactical kit for it).

The blow-up mechanical diagrams for the two models shows them to be mechanically identical except for the extra rail on the 85. So I decided to buy some scrap pistols for their interchangeable parts.

But what I discovered was that there are subtle differences between the two models.

Obviously the pistol shells are different due to the missing rail on the P-25. The magazine button latch assemblies are different. The P-25 has a round washer imbedded in the tip of it's barrel to protect the actual thin barrel behind it. This makes it tough to remove the barrel but does lend some support to the inside barrel's muzzle.

The slides are different - the P-85 has a dovetail rail on the top that is split at the ejection port. The P-25 has a longer continuous dovetail rail upon which you can mount accessories.

The removable butt cap for the CO2 compartment is different too.