Gamo swarm magnum .22 Cal vs Gamo swarm fusion .22 cal

What is the difference between these two guns in terms of power, accuracy, and distance. The fusion should only be about 200 fps below the Magnum you would think. But in terms of hunting small game like racoons and foxes, would you say that it probably all boils down to shot placement with the fusion. I believe it is less powerful, but I like the new horizontal loading it has on it. It would be nice to have that loading because it doesn't look as stupid as the first one they came out with. The only problem is that I would like to work towards competitive shooting at 100 yards with the fusion besides just hunting. Also with this gun, is it possible to hunt at a hundred yards with it as well or would it not have enough FPE. I would really appreciate anyone's feedback on this. 

Hello jakengu30

I too would be interested in the replies.

We recently bought a Gamo Swarm Fusion 10x, 22 caliber, for orchard protection

After trying out several rifles this one proved to fill our criteria of multi shot, accuracy, quiet, and ease of use for my partner.

She is 4'-11-3/4" (don't dare forget that 3/4") and 92 lbs soaking wet,

The rifle a good weight for her to handle; & she can cock it without standing on a chair.

Our shooting range is limited to 31 yards

At that range we take grey squirrels down with 1 shot

Our practice targeting is set at 25 yards.

We shoot open sights only; and she manages 3/4" groups and I get consistent 1.5" groups

All of the above shooting JSB Jumbo 15.9 Diablo's.

The magazine works flawlessly with these pellets, & the other round nosed ones that we have tried.

(Crosman Destroyer 14.3 (pointed) were a disaster in the magazine)

Hope this helps you get started in gathering info to make your choice.

I'm very curios too about the longer range accuracy as well as other's opinion of the gun

I have the magnum and the maxxim which from what I’ve read is close to the fusion as far as power and some characteristics go. The maxxim is much easier to cock to load a new pellet, accuracy can vary a little more from day to day I found best accuracy with Gamo 15.4 red fire pellets. Wouldn’t count on much accuracy past 40yds, seemed best under 30. I found it also prefers the artillery hold. 

The magnum has a higher cocking pressure it’s longer, a bit heavier, and a bit louder but I’ve had 1” groups at 30yds with jsb 18.13g pellets. Definitely a lot more knock down power. I’ve taken this out to 60yds and got a “group” on a 3” target. I don’t think I’ve really had any solid hits past 45 yds or so. The magnum prefers to be held pretty tight to help reduce some of the recoil and muzzle flip. 

All in all both are great little guns for pesting but it depends on the target for the gun I’m going to decide to use. 

I’m glad my reply helped you. I’ve shot those two rifles for about two years now. 

Believe me I would love to get an fx impact if money wasn’t an issue. I just started using a PCP, and I bought the Hatsan Vectis and so far I love it. About a half inch group at 50yds with the jsb 18.1g pellets, I get about 30 usable shots before having to refill. Maybe look into a cheaper PCP because some of them deliver good accuracy for their price point. 

You know I did actually consider getting something like that. The FX is my dream gun because of things accurate it like a hundred fifty yards. Well at that range you have to use windage and elevation, but you are still able to hit your target. Out of all the PCP rifles I noticed that hatsan was one of the better quality guns. Do you think you could shrink that to a quarter of an inch with a better scope or have you already put one on it. 

I have a UTG 3-9x40 mil dot scope on it now, I’m sure if you put a better scope and got picky with your pellets you could shrink it, but with a half inch at 50 yds I’m not gonna be to terribly picky especially after coming from shooting a break barrel where I got 2”-3” group at 60. But I’m sure if you really wanted to stack pellets you could, watch the AEAC reviews on it and those videos are what pushed me over the edge to get the vectis instead of the gauntlet.

Okay so to my knowledge a silencer that can be removed from an air gun and then immediately put onto a firearm would make it illegal. Although air guns are not subject to the firearm laws, if the silencer can be removed from the air gun and then put on an actual firearm it would then make it illegal. Do not quote me on this but according to what I understand about the law that's what I know. That's probably a really good place to start. Especially if you go shoot at a gun range, you would be fined or even thrown in jail for something that petite. I would hate that to happen to you or anyone else. But regardless whether you go to a gun range or at your home it would be illegal either way and so I'm not advocating to anyone to even do it at home. 

Hey jakengu30

The research I've done indicates that silencers, also called ldc, (lead dust collector) are OK on airguns if they are unsuitable for use on a true firearm.

This could be the primary reason behind devices sold by donnyfl, froggy, Texas Airgun, Huggett, and others, all are made of carbon fiber, plastic or other materials that would not stand up to firearm use.

The manufacturers also clearly state they are for airguns only and not to e used with firearms

To get back to the question

I'd like to know if the Hatsan Vectis' barrel is threaded & can be accessed in order to screw on an ldc.;

For all I know one of the manufactures may have already come up with a device or an adapter to do so

From what I’ve seen with mine no the vectis is not threaded for a silencer, I believe it has the Hatsan QE shrouded barrel with a barrel vent at the very end to disperse the air to the sides as the pellet exits the barrel, this also helps with muzzle flip that you can experience when the high pressure air exits the barrel at the same time through a small hole. But it is not loud by any means, I would say maybe a little bit louder then my swarm magnum that has a built in suppressor from Gamo.

I will try and do some research and get back to you on your original question. Thank you so much for giving me that information that was very informational and helpful.

OK jakengu30

Please don't be shy if you come up with silencer info that contradicts what is in m my post.

Corrections are always welcome

That goes for other members as well

There is no intention on my part to disseminate dis-information

As mentioned in the PM between; us my knowledge base is > 99% reading, and < 1% practical experience

That makes me very dangerous indeed!

From what I’ve seen with mine no the vectis is not threaded for a silencer, I believe it has the Hatsan QE shrouded barrel with a barrel vent at the very end to disperse the air to the sides as the pellet exits the barrel,

Hey Drummer87

You got me curious.

So I went to the Hatsan website & found a parts picture for the Vectis

It's very detailed and complete;however there is no parts list to go along with it

I don't see any way to attach the file, so here is the link

I tried

It works

https://hatsanairgunsusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Vectis-Exploded-View.pdf

So by the looks of it part number 3954 is the barrel with a threaded end on it, so I guess you could put a suppressor on it but you wouldn’t be able to put the plastic shroud back on or you would have to cut it back so the threads on the barrel would be exposed. But it also looks like it has one on it already part number 4938 and 4937. This would be something to ask a professional I don’t know about you but I’m not ready to start taking apart a brand new gun just to see if something might work lol