N/A Gamo Urban or Umarex Notos

You can't go wrong with ether one. Have 5 Notos, 4 Urbans and 1 PP750 in the stables. I removed all the moderators on this and made adapters for 1/2 unf. All of them are modified, 3 of the Urban have R. Lane regulators, 1 urban I used one of the Notos reg on a custom housing inside a 200 cc tank. I love it all, have another Notos on back order from PA for yet another project. Welcome to the dark side, LOL.

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

You can't go wrong with ether one. Have 5 Notos, 4 Urbans and 1 PP750 in the stables. I removed all the moderators on this and made adapters for 1/2 unf. All of them are modified, 3 of the Urban have R. Lane regulators, 1 urban I used one of the Notos reg on a custom housing inside a 200 cc tank. I love it all, have another Notos on back order from PA for yet another project. Welcome to the dark side, LOL.

View attachment 424673

View attachment 424675

View attachment 424679

View attachment 424681

View attachment 424682
Man! I wish I had your skills and talents!
Beautiful guns there! My compliments.

Reactions: Drew816 and Genob

View attachment 424673

View attachment 424675

View attachment 424679

View attachment 424681

View attachment 424682
Very nice guns. I really like the urban you got. I keep going back and forth on getting an urban and doing a wood stock. The factory stock just looks ugly to me, especially the fatty moderator on them.

Reactions: Drew816 and Genob
Very nice guns. I really like the urban you got. I keep going back and forth on getting an urban and doing a wood stock. The factory stock just looks ugly to me, especially the fatty moderator on them.
All plastic stocks are ugly. But when I was working on that Urban, the stock was unbelievably comfortable. So much so that if it would have been my gun I easily could have lived with it. Probably would have dropped the coin to have it dipped.

All plastic stocks are ugly. But when I was working on that Urban, the stock was unbelievably comfortable. So much so that if it would have been my gun I easily could have lived with it. Probably would have dropped the coin to have it dipped.
One of my current projects, almost done shaping the stock, then I'll inlet it. Also another Urban with long LW barrel (23") using the Notos reg, 40 cc plenum, gets 38 f/lbs at the lowest hammer spring tension.

IMG_0441.jpg

image000001 (1).jpg

image000000 (1).jpg

Man! Somehow I think that stock cost more than the Urban itself!! Amazing.

I need to learn more about barrel swaps on this platform and hot rodding because these look amazing and I like the action, mags and setup of the Urban. Of course I love the Urban in stock form too!
The stock blank cost 35dlrs on eggbay. I was surprised it was a few ounces lighter than the oem plastic when I got done. I had to put a new fore tip due to a bad knot that I could not repair. The new project stock I got for 70 plus with shipping. This are raw blank slabs, below is an english walnut blank.

IMG_0442.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Drew816
I totally agree, that stock felt fantastic in my hands, loved my Urban!

View attachment 424673

View attachment 424675

View attachment 424679

View attachment 424681

View attachment 424682
I have 2 Notos and 1 Gamo Urban.
I had another Gamo Urban which had a leak after 4 years.

The Notos is perfect for plinking or accurate shooting up to 50 yards (with the right pellet).
I have adjusted the Notos (just a weaker hammer spring) from 450 FPS to 760 FPS with CPHP.

My 3-4 month old Gamo Urban is very accurate at my 70-75 yards 1.5" spinner targets, shooting in the 800 -850 FPS range with CPHP for at least 40 shots.

I would buy them again if I lost them.

Reactions: BrassMagnet
The Gamo Urban stock is the best synthetic PCP stock I have seen.
It will easily outlast 2-3 wooden stocks.

• Love
Reactions: Drew816 and 3Crows
Curious why you say you won’t buy Umarex or Hatsan? I was looking at getting a notos for my first air rifle but reading this thread and all the votes against the notos is making me think twice.
Buying anything in life and hoping to get “a good one” is just not appealing to me. I’d rather be shocked I got a bad one from manufacturers with reputations for quality. The best advice I can give is to not talk you out of one of these. They might fit your budget. But make sure you buy it from a dealer with a very good reputation for returns. With certain manufacturers, do as much research on return policies as you do on the gun.

The Gamo Urban stock is the best synthetic PCP stock I have seen.
It will easily outlast 2-3 wooden stocks.
I can’t say I ever heard someone complaining about having to keep replacing wooden stocks on their gun. But theoretically a plastic stock could last longer if it doesn’t get all chalky and weird or you don’t expose it to a chemical that reacts to it.

Reactions: Genob
I can’t say I ever heard someone complaining about having to keep replacing wooden stocks on their gun. But theoretically a plastic stock could last longer if it doesn’t get all chalky and weird or you don’t expose it to a chemical that reacts to it.
Most of factory design stock be it plastic or wood is a compromise to fit 90% of potential customer. I am very critical of cheek weld due to shoulder injury. I tried flattening the hump on the Urban stock, still not good for me. I've also done a lot of woods stock refinishing for family and friends due to poor gun handling practice causing nicks and dings.