• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gasoline or Electric Compressor

I have two big Milwaukee MX 120V power supplies. Battery powered generators. They are rated at 1800W. I have run my Yong Heng with it's cooling fans and pump off one of them, however. They weigh about 50 lbs. If I needed to have my YH work at the range I could throw one of them in the truck with the YH and it would work. I'll probably never do it, however. Too much hassle. I just take a bottle. I guess if I ever get into big bore I might have to do something like this. I've run a 15A circuit in my house with my refrigerator and a few other small loads on it for 6-8 hours with one of these power supplies. I am pretty sure I could run my YH all day with one (not continuously, just using it as needed).

I also use only pure gas in my yard tools and my boat. I have to pick a station that has it but there are two within a few miles of my house. It's a few cents more than ethanol gas but still under $4/gallon here. I need to fill up a couple 5 gallon cans soon, the kids are coming into town and we will be running the pontoon. But my little gas powered generator doesn't work and I think it's because of the carberator despite only being used on pure gas. It won't run steady and the generator seems to need that. I haven't taken the time to really figure out what's wrong with it. I think it's worthwhile to pay a little more for pure gasoline for the occasionally used gas powered devices but I am not sure it will always prevent issues.
Yeah, there’s quite a few YouTube videos especially for generators that have the annoying “surge” once it is started. It’s a very simple fix, cleaning the main jet with a tiny wire. Most of the time the carb is easy to get to but not always. On the 4000 watt generator I sold in the spring it would take less than 3 minutes to clean the jet. YMMV. I bought a 7200 wat duel fuel generator recently but I’m only going to run it on propane as power outage is rare anymore in my area.
Generators see the ethanol gas problem typically because they sit so long un-used. I had a 1000 watt Honda inverter that I started every 30 days to prevent ethanol issues. I switched to 100% gas and no longer needed to do that. I remember when I was a kid, pre-ethanol save the planet crap, and we never ever had issues with things like chain saws not starting because of “bad gas”.
I do use 100% gasoline for my 2 cycle yard tools mostly because they don’t sell $10 rebuild kits anymore, you have to buy the whole carb for $70 to $100 dollars. I can leave them sit all winter and they’ll run fine come spring time.