Get out your P17!

Started off with iron sights.
😩cocking it makes a shift no matter what. Sooooooo.... i figured out a way to scope it.....then i wanted a variable scope🤣🤔🤨
The iron sight dug into my hand a bit so I got some sticky back felt and slapped it over top.
But then I almost shot my finger by having it up under the barrel* the scope out farther making me think it's the barrel* so I put a small patch of felt underneath the barrel for reference to not put my finger past aaaand anywhere i felt the frame rubbing my hand wrong i also put some felt.over🤣🤌
Cut in a dovetail on the last 2 ribs and taDA!
*sorry, pics are kinda out of order

What all have you done to your p17s?!🤗

20221215_210010.jpg

20221215_210057.jpg

20221215_210347.jpg

20221201_130848.jpg

20221201_130907.jpg

20221201_130942.jpg

20221201_131120.jpg

20221201_131100.jpg

20221201_130918.jpg

Added an extension to mine to increase leverage and eliminate the pinch point. Bar stock + PVC pipe with the edges rounded over.

cocking aid.jpg

Told myself I'll just test it for a day or two and then take it off and give it a flat black finish. Riiiiiiiiiiiight. It still looks just like the photo.

Added an extension to mine to increase leverage and eliminate the pinch point. Bar stock + PVC pipe with the edges rounded over.

View attachment 314898

Told myself I'll just test it for a day or two and then take it off and give it a flat black finish. Riiiiiiiiiiiight. It still looks just like the photo.
Dang. One could use that same concept to make a little tube stock.

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Shot it a while in OEM form. Hmm, what's all the hype around this piece of garbage ?

Took it apart three times.
First - Just to see what is inside and to form a plan. Shot it with great care in an attempt to see what it needed.
Second - Removed all of the trigger parts. Removed all of the metal forming rough edges, polished all rubbing surfaces.
Third - Removed some material from the sear edges to make the trigger more...usable. Helped, but needs more of the same.

NEEDS another round of step number "three". Just doesn't mean enough to me to go through that much work again for the little in return !

Mike

Shot it a while in OEM form. Hmm, what's all the hype around this piece of garbage ?

First - Just to see what is inside and to form a plan. Shot it with great care in an attempt to see what it needed.
Second - Removed all of the trigger parts. Removed all of the metal forming rough edges, polished all rubbing surfaces.
Third - Removed some material from the sear edges to make the trigger more...usable. Helped, but needs more of the same.

NEEDS another round of step number "three". Just doesn't mean enough to me to go through that much work again for the little in return !

Mike

First the Ghost and now the P17. You just like to complain eh?

Started off with iron sights.
😩cocking it makes a shift no matter what. Sooooooo.... i figured out a way to scope it.....then i wanted a variable scope🤣🤔🤨
The iron sight dug into my hand a bit so I got some sticky back felt and slapped it over top.
But then I almost shot my finger by having it up under the barrel* the scope out farther making me think it's the barrel* so I put a small patch of felt underneath the barrel for reference to not put my finger past aaaand anywhere i felt the frame rubbing my hand wrong i also put some felt.over🤣🤌
Cut in a dovetail on the last 2 ribs and taDA!
*sorry, pics are kinda out of order

What all have you done to your p17s?!🤗

View attachment 314867

View attachment 314868

View attachment 314869

View attachment 314871

View attachment 314872

View attachment 314873

View attachment 314874

View attachment 314875

View attachment 314876
UTG makes a pistol scope that may work a smidgen better. I think they're pretty cheap too

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
First the Ghost and now the P17. You just like to complain eh?
Mr. Chris -

When it's deserved,,,you bet !
The Ghost has problems that do not affect its effectiveness or its shooting...SIR... Been shooting it on and off today, matter of fact.
The (my !) P17 is junk, and has been sitting since the last time I went into it...SIR. I haven't decided on melting it or giving it away.
IF...you go back and read my post about "my" P17...it's from some time back...nothing new !

Have bought plenty of new and one used gun with...NO complaints...if that's ok with you..?

Mike

P.s. - Did you even read my second post about my Ghost ?

Last edited:
I shoot mine the way it came. The fiber optic sights work well with my eyes. One of the nice things about this pistol is that I finally found a home for those cheap Daisy pointed pellets that have not worked well in my other guns.
Yea! Mine eats whatever too🤣

Mike
You must have got a bad one. Mine was $37 at Walmart and while it wasn’t perfect it was really accurate.
Just as accurate as my Beeman P3 and a lot less expensive.
Definitely NOT a piece of garbage in my opinion, why be so negative?
It’s not a RedWolf it’s a less than $40 pellet pistol that’s not perfect, but it delivers excellent accuracy at 10 yards.
It’s a excellent recipe for a great afternoon of plinking and even serious target shooting.
It’s a very very accurate sows ear, no need to try to make it better, leave it alone and shoot some bullseye’s dude!