-getting 1/2-3/4" groups at 25 yds from older model 1700 Crosman

using a fold up dinner table with some blocks of wood for support....

I was trying to find what pellets it likes,RWS Meiterkugeln,got to ask my German girlfriend what that means, anyhow seems all my pistols and target rifles like the Meiterkugein..in any grain....was using the 7.grain in the 1700

The older 1700 model has the funky trigger,I smoothed it down and it is better;wish I got the newer 1701 model though.

I think it would be really hard to beat the 1701 Silhouette ..for shot count ,being quiet and accurate...for the money.

You get a known good shooter and it saves you time=you do not have to think if the gun is good enough,like if something is wrong with it,like buddy practice and practice ...

I started out with a Daisy 717,another great pistol that is accurate and a lot less money...easy to use....I got a Santa Rosa BeemanP1 ,It is also accurate,and powerful butt harder to shot I only mentioned Santa Rosa because that id here I bought it.

I have some other powerful springer pistols,also accurate to a point,the point being they are hard to cock have a kick.

The older I get the smoother I want things to be....oh well,I was mostly stalling from what I really have to do=pay a rather large bill I hate to pay,LOL.

the RWS pellet are hardly every mention on forums, they are damn nice pellets

I went over to Crosman and pulled up the parts diagrams to see if a 1701 trigger assembly would fit the 1700 and it looks as if it uses a grip frame that is only used on the 1700

no I'm wrong the parts in the picture are sitting on top of the frame and I got confused, so a 1701 grip frame would work about 36 bucks the time I asked

then you would have a 1700.5

there is something I have done to 2240 sears, is to lower the area where the sear catches the hammer, about 1 mm, never gone past that but if I had a hand full sears I would grind till they stopped working

oh I know safety, safety, safety and then again maybe you don't own the AD special the IZH 46m

and meisterkugeln translate to masterfull balls, oh German the language that translates into all sort of things

my last is wolfram and when I sent a massage to a Egun sell they call me MR Tungsten

Keeping it German,tried some H&N Sport Finale Match Light 7.87grain;tighten my groups noticeably.....Also shot extremely good in my Crosman Challenger PCP.....I am getting were I can shot both almost as good.....more fun with the pistol though....I do think both have the same brand German Barrel.....So know I am thinking ,yes I do,sometimes....anyhow I just bought $140 worth of pellets...I have enough to just shot German pellets in German barrel guns and English Pellets in English rifles.....I will report my findings in Fall...time flies.