Getting into slugs. What slugs are you shooting?

So just want to know what slugs folks are shooting out there. If you could, can you post what slugs, cal, gun, grouping/range, and price you are shooting. Also if you have links to the slugs you are using, please post.

I've only shoot nsa slugs 36.2 gr .25 cal. Before that was jsb kings mk2 pellets. My gun fx impact mk2 slug liner A, twist 1:20. Grouping 50 yards about an inch. At 100 yards 1 1/2 to 2 in group.

Last edited:
Or you could just wait for these to come out.

FX-Halo-Slugs-Pellets_b396c172-ef48-4fe6-b2ab-ef76e53caec6.jpg

😁

Allen

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty911
So just want to know what slugs folks are shooting out there. If you could, can you post what slugs, cal, gun, grouping/range, and price you are shooting. Also if you have links to the slugs you are using, please post.

I've only shoot nsa slugs 36.2 gr .25 cal. Before that was jsb kings mk2 pellets. My gun fx impact mk2 slug liner A, twist 1:20. Grouping 50 yards about an inch. At 100 yards 1 1/2 to 2 in group.

The first question is too vague. It will send the thread into too many tangents. I use several different kinds of slugs in many different makes of guns.

As for your second question, what is the FPE that your impact is pushing? You are on the right track with NSA. I use the 33.5gr. in my .25 50FPE Air Rangers with pinpoint accuracy. I'd imagine you are shooting in the 70FPE range. Let us know.

The first question is too vague. It will send the thread into too many tangents. I use several different kinds of slugs in many different makes of guns.

As for your second question, what is the FPE that your impact is pushing? You are on the right track with NSA. I use the 33.5gr. in my .25 50FPE Air Rangers with pinpoint accuracy. I'd imagine you are shooting in the 70FPE range. Let us know.
Just trying see what slugs ppl are shooting out there and see if they are accurate cause I would like to try other brand of slugs beside nsa slugs. I've only tested with nsa 33 and 36gr. The 33 is shoot about 980 fps. And 36 I shoot them around 960 fps. This is with fx impact mk2 slug liner A 600mm .25 cal.

@Shinyknight Slugs cost money and it seems like you’re looking for cheap. It’s not like shooting pellets. NSA slugs are about as cheap as they come. H&N, Altaros, Zan, Griffin Airgun Ammo, FX/RMR, and JSB are a few companies that make slugs that members post about frequently enough. The key is to learn to slug your barrel to find a barrel’s groove diameter. You also must know if your barrel is choked or if your gun was even designed to shoot slugs. Some PCPs are just pellet guns. To prevent yourself from wasting money I suggest finding those things out and looking for or inquiring about sample packs to test different slug diameters and styles in small quantities.

Last edited:
Just trying see what slugs ppl are shooting out there and see if they are accurate cause I would like to try other brand of slugs beside nsa slugs. I've only tested with nsa 33 and 36gr. The 33 is shoot about 980 fps. And 36 I shoot them around 960 fps. This is with fx impact mk2 slug liner A 600mm .25 cal.

As Ezana4CE says, NSA is cheap as they come. If you are price conscious, try the 38.5gr for good measure. Then pick the most accurate NSA from 33.5, 36.2, and 38.5gr at your zero distance.

View attachment Sonnyslugs_2.0.1.xlsx