Getting into slugs. What slugs are you shooting?

@Shinyknight Slugs cost money and it seems like you’re looking for cheap. It’s not like shooting pellets. NSA slugs are about as cheap as they come. H&N, Altaros, Zan, Griffin Airgun Ammo, FX/RMR, and JSB are a few companies that make slugs that members post about frequently enough. The key is to learn to slug your barrel to find a barrel’s groove diameter. You also must know if your barrel is choked or if your gun was even designed to shoot slugs. Some PCPs are just pellet guns. To prevent yourself from wasting money I suggest finding those things out and looking for or inquiring about sample packs to test different slug diameters and styles in small quantities.
I wouldn't say cheap. Even nsa are almost double what pellets cost. I would say, most affordable slugs to try out.

The press and a die is around $1600-1700. It is the cheap, but you are able to dictate quality and dial in your precise weight
Thanks. That yields to me thinking how long it would take me to pay that back in shooting and the fact that I am a hunter, I can make a lot of shots before I recognized the savings from making my own slugs. Thanks for your info!

Reactions: woogie_man
The press and a die is around $1600-1700.

That's just unbelievable. :oops:

There is no reason whatsoever as why a simple single stage press should set you back that amount of money.

For comparison, you could get a full options Dillon XL750 for the same price.

So this:

1000017812.png

vs this:

1000017813.jpg

I'm trying to understand why it's so expensive, but can't come up with an answer.

Thanks. That yields to me thinking how long it would take me to pay that back in shooting and the fact that I am a hunter, I can make a lot of shots before I recognized the savings from making my own slugs. Thanks for your info!
I was the same. But for the cost of a gun you can get the press. And now I can make my own ammo, control quality, fine tune, and have fun...all while not being dependent on someone to have my slugs in stock. I can go to my shop and make up a batch anytime I want or need.