Air Arms Getting real and practical

My last couple of times out after pest squirrels, I missed just too many easy targets, so I set up a target to see what was going on-was it the gun, the wind, or me? At both 25 and 50 yards my POI was markedly to the left. There was a decent breeze, so I switched direction and shot 180° in the opposite direction…still shot to the left. I decided to shoot in a more controlled setting-a real shooting range, to get a definitive understanding of what was going on. I expected mild winds, but once again it was breezy. Upshot, when it’s windy, for me at least, I’m gonna keep it under forty yards. I had too many misses and too many wounded furballs make it back to their burrows. BTW-the gun is an older 22cal pre-safety AA s410 with a Meopta scope.

IMG_2067.jpeg

IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2066.jpeg

IMG_8238.jpeg

IMG_2065.jpeg

Shooting targets in the wind is a fun way to learn what different wind directions do to my pellets. That said, like you on windy days I limit my yardages to sub 40 yards for pest control. Definitely not fun to wound a critter, even if it’s a pest… I have done it and know the terrible feeling it brings…🙏