Getting the itch for a wood-stocked rifle!

If you haven’t held an HW100 in Walnut yet. You may want to have a look and save up a little extra. They come in a sporter or thumbhole. I prefer the thumbhole as they fit my hand better. The Turkish walnut stocks from what I’ve seen are nice also but the actions are nowhere near the quality of a Weihrauch. I do treat all my wood stocks with Truoil, does a great job of protecting and bringing the grain out. 

Stock on one of the new kuzey rifles. 
20211110_213235.1636831969.jpg

I just won the Walnut lottery with a superb piece of wood on my new Kral Puncher Pro 500. It's no Daystate, but the Walnut is Oooh sooo nice!

Downside is this PCP came with an oddball fill port, and the "adapter" won't attach to anything I have either. I need to buy a male foster fitting to adapt the adapter! Some day the mailman will deliver this part and I'll get to fill it and shoot it. In the mean time, I look at and "touch" the walnut :) Yes, I admit I have a problem :)

I was ready to second the recommendation for a Weihrauch HW100, but I see you've made your decision, and good luck with the Akela. I gave no experience with it, but the reviews are very favorable.

When you're ready for your next wood stocked rifle (which we all know will happen), look at the HW100K, the carbine version. I prefer the laminate stock since it has an adjustable comb, a feature I like. The quality of material and workmanship is top shelf. And very importantly, the trigger is among the best in the business. Yeah, it costs about twice as much as the Akela, so on the value scale I can't say it's the winner. 

I was ready to second the recommendation for a Weihrauch HW100, but I see you've made your decision, and good luck with the Akela. I gave no experience with it, but the reviews are very favorable.

When you're ready for your next wood stocked rifle (which we all know will happen), look at the HW100K, the carbine version. I prefer the laminate stock since it has an adjustable comb, a feature I like. The quality of material and workmanship is top shelf. And very importantly, the trigger is among the best in the business. Yeah, it costs about twice as much as the Akela, so on the value scale I can't say it's the winner.