• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK Ghost Carbine Three Groups at 40 yards…

Am still getting acquainted with the Ghost Carbine after the work day today the wind was basically still. So I sent these three, five shot groups, bipod front, shoulder as rear bag. Am certain these could be tighter, but am not a benchrest shooter… The goal was to try and achieve similar trajectories with the JSB Exact Jumbo 18s and the CPHPs 14s. The JSBs sent with the PW on 10, the Crosmans, PW on minimum. Holding dead on for both loads at 40 yards. As you can see any small pest is in serious danger with either load.

IMG_1522.jpeg

IMG_1521.jpeg

IMG_1524.jpeg

Isn’t it great to ba able to shoot inexpensive CHP’s and JSB 18’s with a few clicks of the power wheel! Great shooting once again Luis!
Am expecting it to be a consistent, repeatable thing because all my other BRKs shoot the CPHPs accurately. I really love plinking and pesting with the CPHPs. The carcasses of many dead pest critters attest to their effectiveness… The JSBs are sweet, but the Crosmans are half the price…🙈🙏

How many mags with the JSB 18gr heavies do you get from a 250bar down to reg pressure fill?

I shoot the Ghost with 18s only, but I have boatloads of CPHPs (from when they still cost $6 a box at Amazon)

My reg pres is currently set to 130bar, and that shoots the heavies at 270mps / 885fps with the powerwheel at min. I get at least 6 mags before a refill out of the 300cc bottle from 250bar.

Looks like a nice small package.

You haven't happened to chrony the JSB's/CPHP's at those settings yet have you?

Jerry
Currently sending as set up at AOA:
JSB Exact Jumbo 18.13 @
902 FPS avg.
900 min. / 905 max.
Spread 5
Standard deviation 2
Regulator @ 100 BAR / Power Wheel on 10

The CPHPs are averaging 870 fps with the PW on minimum. I haven’t altered the regulator settings yet…

How many mags with the JSB 18gr heavies do you get from a 250bar down to reg pressure fill?

I shoot the Ghost with 18s only, but I have boatloads of CPHPs (from when they still cost $6 a box at Amazon)

My reg pres is currently set to 130bar, and that shoots the heavies at 270mps / 885fps with the powerwheel at min. I get at least 6 mags before a refill out of the 300cc bottle from 250bar.
My regulator is set at 100 BAR, haven’t done a shot count, but its at least 6-7 magazines PW10, am sending the CPHPs with PW on minimum…

L.Leon,

Or anyone else that has a BRK Ghost... If you are holding the grip with your left hand with the rifle shouldered (left handed shooter here), can you push the safety off with your left thumb?

Thanks,

Jerry
Unfortunately no... Even when I fully rotate my hand around the grip, I cannot reach the safety with my left thumb. A very unworthy design... (I'm 6 feet tall and size 9.5 gloves) One thing is I don't have the original grip installed, which is a lot skinnier, so that might just make a difference...

IMG_5379.JPEG

The best safety is a de-cocked gun.
True, but there are circumstances that sometimes it’s not practical and then there’s also a pellet still loaded in the chamber.

So a safety switch/lever is just an EXTRA layer of precaution to prevent an inadvertent letoff. Like when a gun is decocked, you still do not put your finger on the trigger right? (Finger not on trigger is another EXTRA layer of precaution…)