Brocock/BRK Ghost collaborative data request

I’m trying to create a cheat sheet for the FAC Ghosts when wanting to change calibers or barrel length and or pellets efficiently.
I have ALL barrel(s) lengths and calibers, including a .20 available to me.
I want to hear from folks who have found the perfect combination of:

Regulator pressure used for that caliber and barrel length
hammer spring installed
Power wheel setting (s)
pellet type/weight
resulting speed fps.
you can include slugs if you like but be very specific as not that many slug shooters "yet".

Thanks in advance

And why didn’t BRK think to do this???
Surely someone has??

Last edited:
I’m trying to create a cheat sheet for my Ghosts when changing calibers and or pellet weights.
Specifically, since I have ALL barrel(s) calibers, including a .20, and all the different lengths available in all calibers, I want to hear from folks who have found the perfect pellet weights in all the different calibers.
And
Regulator pressures used for that caliber, barrel length and pellet weight.
Thanks in advance
Maybe BRK is waiting for you to get it going? As witnessed by your post…

I’m trying to create a cheat sheet for my Ghosts when changing calibers and or pellet weights.
Specifically, since I have ALL barrel(s) calibers, including a .20, and all the different lengths available in all calibers, I want to hear from folks who have found the perfect pellet weights in all the different calibers.
And
Regulator pressures used for that caliber, barrel length and pellet weight.
Thanks in advance
Example #1)
17” carbine .177,
low pwr spring (white)
power wheel on 5,
Regulator at 110 bar
shooting JSB 10.3’s @890 fps
Example #2)
23” barrel .177
Low power spring (white)
Power wheel on 5
Regulator at 110 bar
Shooting JSB 13.4 @820 fps

Note: above #'s were during my initial testing with the 17" and 23" with reg at 100/110 (hard to tell dif.) the power wheel didn't do much.
BUT
when i bumped the reg pressure up to 115/120, the power wheel started to have a definite effect on FPS and thus was usefull.

Last edited:
When you consider all the variables......reg pressure, size hammer spring, barrel caliber, barrel length, transfer port size (like your custom .20 barrel has- well, your .20 is a custom barrel in and of itself), hammer spring setting (x20), and then multiply that by how many projectile weights there are......the number of combinations is astonishing.

Literally thousands.

Complicating it further....."perfect combination" is going to be vastly different for everyone, simply due to personal preferences and ultimate uses for each combination of variables.

I like the idea behind what you're up to, but you're likely going to have to narrow it down.....probably something like what are some good combinations of settings for, say the 23 inch .177 barrel when wanting to use 10.34s or 13.43s for sub20 field target? Or the same question but for the 18 inch .177 barrel? Otherwise you're almost asking how many of your favorite grains of sand are on the beach.

Example #1)
13” carbine .177,
low pwr spring (white)
power wheel on 5,
Regulator at 110 bar
shooting JSB 10.3’s @890 fps
Example #2)
23” barrel .177
Low power spring (white)
Power wheel on 5
Regulator at 110 bar
Shooting JSB 13.4 @820 fps
I think for example #1 you mean 17" barrel? Far as I'm aware that's the shortest barrel they make not a 13" unless it's custom?

Reactions: cavedweller
When you consider all the variables......reg pressure, size hammer spring, barrel caliber, barrel length, transfer port size (like your custom .20 barrel has- well, your .20 is a custom barrel in and of itself), hammer spring setting (x20), and then multiply that by how many projectile weights there are......the number of combinations is astonishing.

Literally thousands.

Complicating it further....."perfect combination" is going to be vastly different for everyone, simply due to personal preferences and ultimate uses for each combination of variables.

I like the idea behind what you're up to, but you're likely going to have to narrow it down.....probably something like what are some good combinations of settings for, say the 23 inch .177 barrel when wanting to use 10.34s or 13.43s for sub20 field target ? Or the same question but for the 18 inch .177 barrel? Otherwise you're almost asking how many of your favorite grains of sand are on the beach.
Pretty amazing how versatile a Ghost can be!
That said, you are correct and point taken.
Thus the need for some solid starting points to begin with that we can then add to over time.
Cole, can you start us off with your .20 since very few of them are in the wild ?@Franklink

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyboy
Here you go Rudy, Tried to be succinct, which is hard for me.

.177 barrel (17 inches, 12 land and groove, choked, 1:17.7)

10.34s at 890fps (accuracy from the 10.34s best if kept under 900 with this barrel, and really goes south at 920+)
  • Flow through probe
  • 455grain hammer (skeletonized)
  • Preload adjustment about 1/8” proud of hammer body (threaded insert in nose of hammer on the earliest Ghosts)
  • 0.047” wire hammer spring
  • Regulator @ 105 bar
  • Hammer spring tension at MAX
.20 barrel (18 inches, 12 land and groove, choked, 1:17.7)

(two “tunes” for this one, first is the target edition, second is the long range pester)

13.73s at 810fps on MIN

15.89s at 915fps on 11

18.9s at 870-880fps on MAX
  • Extended pin probe
  • Preload adjustment about 1/8” proud of hammer body (threaded insert in nose of hammer on the earliest Ghosts)
  • Regulator @ 126-128 bar
Or…

15.89s at 920-925 on “5”

18.9s at 910-915fps on MAX
  • Extended pin probe
  • 0.051” wire hammer spring
  • Regulator @ 122-124 bar

.22 barrel (23inches, 5 groove polygonal, choked, 1:30)

28.55s @ 960fps on MAX
  • Extended pin probe
  • 545grain hammer (non-adjustable preload with this hammer)
  • Regulator at 150 bar
  • Hammer spring tension on MAX

Reactions: Dairyboy
Here you go Rudy, Tried to be succinct, which is hard for me.

.177 barrel (17 inches, 12 land and groove, choked, 1:17.7)

10.34s at 890fps (accuracy from the 10.34s best if kept under 900 with this barrel, and really goes south at 920+)
  • Flow through probe
  • Regulator @ 105 bar
  • Hammer spring tension at MAX
.20 barrel (18 inches, 12 land and groove, choked, 1:17.7)

(two “tunes” for this one, first is the target edition, second is the long range pester)

13.73s at 810fps on MIN

15.89s at 915fps on 11

18.9s at 870-880fps on MAX
  • Extended pin probe
  • Regulator @ 126-128 bar
Or…

15.89s at 920-925 on “5”

18.9s at 910-915fps on MAX
  • Extended pin probe
  • Regulator @ 122-124 bar

.22 barrel (23inches, 5 groove polygonal, choked, 1:30)

28.55s @ 960fps on MAX
  • Extended pin probe
  • 545grain hammer (non-adjustable preload with this hammer)
  • Regulator at 150 bar
  • Hammer spring tension on MAX
@Franklink = thank you Cole as long term this will really help ghost owners around the world.... Houston - we have lift off.

Last edited:
My ghost is the high power version in .177, I have the reg set at 100 bar, the hammer spring is the light one, and the power wheel on 5 for 910fps with jsb 10.3gr for around 19.5 foot pounds. An excellent field target rifle with horsepower to spare.
Excellent thank you @MikeAndrews for sharing... long game this will really help a number of ghost owners.

Last edited:
Need to hear from some .25 and .30 ghost owners on this = reg pressure, power wheel setting, hammer spring used, twist rate if you know it. Assume a 23" barrel length unless you state otherwise. @Arzrover ? any idea ?

Fill in the blanks:

.25 barrel (23inches, 5 groove polygonal, choked, 1:17 ??? )

.30 barrel (23inches, 5 groove polygonal, choked, 1:17 ???)

Last edited:
I haven't had much opportunity to test my .25cal Ghost so far, but this is my best 5 shot result at 50 yards with 33gr JSBs. About 145-150 bar (red spring from the kit). Power Wheel at 5.

06.jpg

I haven't had much opportunity to test my .25cal Ghost so far, but this is my best 5 shot result at 50 yards with 33gr JSBs. About 145-150 bar (red spring from the kit). Power Wheel at 5.

View attachment 488693
great start to the .25..... i'm assuming you have a 23" barrel on it?

Can get a .30 shooter to jump in with some numbers?

23” HP .30,
Factory hammer spring
power wheel on 9,
Regulator at 150 bar
shooting JSB 44.75’s @880 fps

The trigger still eats my lunch. I'm working on adjustments and have had some improvement by moving it aft and down, adding some 1st stage play and reducing 2nd stage breakout force using @Franklink's suggestions and the BRK manual.
(Thanks for all of your work Mr Frank!)

The flyer in the pic was from the 1st shot of the day; a cold shot @820fps. The other 23 pellets behaved nicely.

1000007839.jpg

Last edited:
23” HP .30,
Factory hammer spring
power wheel on 9,
Regulator at 150 bar
shooting JSB 44.75’s @880 fps

The trigger still eats my lunch. I'm working on adjustments and have had some improvement by moving it aft and down, adding some 1st stage play and reducing 2nd stage breakout force using @Franklink's suggestions and the BRK manual.
(Thanks for all of your work Mr Frank!)

The flyer in the pic was from the 1st shot of the day a cold shot 820fps. The other 23 pellets behaved nicely.

View attachment 490344
Awesome - thanks for the info and the pic!