FX Giving Sekhmet gen 2 gauges a try...

MACTEN

Nov 18, 2020
IA
Both orders were super fast with ZERO hassle which is a big plus..
I decided to try the 28 and 25mm gauges on the Maverick (put a 28mm on the Vulcan 3) and see how they hold up..
I'm hoping they work out well.
I had the 28mm gauge stick on the charging screen right away after getting it but Sekhmet told me to just let the battery run out and it will snap out of it.. about 50 hours later the battery ran down and after a recharge it was fine.. I failed to read about this issue website that said the same thing..
So far no more problems but I'm hoping there's a fix in the form of an online update.

Last edited:
I also bought a Gen 2 25mm, but it didn’t show up until the day after I left to go back to work. Maybe this weekend I’ll get to mess around with it a little bit. Hopefully it is up to the Gen 2 hype. Hopefully yours work out for you.
What "Gen 2 hype"? That it works without leaking??? :D:ROFLMAO::eek:

Reactions: fungun327
I bought 2 Sekhmet gauges for each of my FX's. M2 and M3. Zero issues with either, after about a year of use.
Recharge every so often and life is good. Not sure if they are G-1 or 2, but believe they are G-1(?).
Sekhmet monitors this forum and seem to have gotten their poop together with Nicole kinda running the show.

Mike

Reactions: beerthief
I have the gen2 25mm on my wildcat bt. Love it as it’s simple and tells me all I need to know…the pressure. I have the 28 on my impact and that thing is a love hate relationship. I hate it often as I tend to send it into the mind numbingly confusing menu options and have a hell of a time getting back to telling me what the damn pressure is which is all I care about. I swear I put it in regulator mode and it still does it. Get the 28mm complicated menu one if you need a gauge that can tell you what the weather is going to be next year. If you just want to know the precise pressure buy the simple 25mm

Reactions: Justaguy
I have the gen2 25mm on my wildcat bt. Love it as it’s simple and tells me all I need to know…the pressure. I have the 28 on my impact and that thing is a love hate relationship. I hate it often as I tend to send it into the mind numbingly confusing menu options and have a hell of a time getting back to telling me what the damn pressure is which is all I care about. I swear I put it in regulator mode and it still does it. Get the 28mm complicated menu one if you need a gauge that can tell you what the weather is going to be next year. If you just want to know the precise pressure buy the simple 25mm
They don't stay on reg mode once it times out and shuts off. I have 3 and all of them do the same. So after sitting for a while, you need to switch it back to reg mode. I just keep the reg one on simple and don't even bother. Completely stupid design. They are very accurate and that's about it.

Last edited:
I decided to try the 28 and 25mm gauges on the Maverick (put a 28mm on the Vulcan 3) and see how they hold up..
I had the 28mm gauge stick on the charging screen right away after getting it but Sekhmet told me to just let the battery run out and it will snap out of it.. about 50 hours later the battery ran down and after a recharge it was fine.. I failed to read about this issue website that said the same thing..
So far no more problems but I'm hoping there's a fix in the form of an online update.
There gauges are very buggy.

They don't stay on reg mode once it times out and shuts off. I have 3 and all of them do the same. So after sitting for a while, you need to switch it back to reg mode. I just keep the reg one on simple and don't even bother. Completely stupid design. They are very accurate and that's about it.
Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the bug with your gauge. We've got it fixed with a firmware update, though! The new version is 24D19. Just check the device info in the menu to see if you're on the latest version. If you're not, shoot me an email at [email protected] or a private message with your order number, and we'll send you a data cable for the 2nd gen upgrade. It's a simple process that you can do on your computer, and it should take care of the issue.

If any of your friends run into the same problem, let them know they can reach out to us for help too.

Best, Nicole

Sorry to hear about the issue with your gauge not staying in regulator mode. We've fixed it with a firmware update, and the new version is 24D19. Just drop me an email or a private message with your order details, and we'll send you a data cable for the 2nd gen upgrade. It's a quick process on your computer, and it should sort out the problem.

If you need any help or have questions, feel free to reach out.

Cheers,Nicole

Reactions: cavedweller
I am looking for a better accuracy gage to put a quick disconnect on for a tester to see if my compressor and gun match or at least close ?

Reactions: MACTEN
Sorry to hear about the issue with your gauge not staying in regulator mode. We've fixed it with a firmware update, and the new version is 24D19. Just drop me an email or a private message with your order details, and we'll send you a data cable for the 2nd gen upgrade. It's a quick process on your computer, and it should sort out the problem.

If you need any help or have questions, feel free to reach out.

Cheers,Nicole
Thanks you but the rifle with that gauge is sold.