Huben GK1 anticipation!

I placed an order for my .25 caliber Huben GK1 pistol on November 14th. It’s expected to arrive on the 20th. I was fortunate enough to skip the pre-ordering and long wait times. This will be the first PCP gun I’ve owned. I currently have a .22 break-barrel first generation Gamo swarm magnum. I’m very satisfied with the gun and it has fulfilled my shooting needs and desires ever since I bought it. I never thought I would get a PCP just because of the cost and the hassle of filling. But as soon as I saw a single YouTube video demonstrating the GK1, I just knew I had to have it.

After much research, I decided to buy some optics (along with snap-in dovetail to picatinny rail adapters for mounting):

VOTATU RMD502 Multiple Reticle Red Dot Sight

VOTATU M3X Red Dot Magnifier

I originally intended to buy only the red dot. But after receiving it and looking at it, I realized that my astigmatism rendered the reticle(s) nearly useless. After googling solutions for astigmatism and red dots, I decided to purchase the magnifier to alleviate the sight’s perceived blurriness. It arrived today and I looked at the red dot through it; the reticle appeared crystal clear and razor sharp. I know some people may say that a prism scope or an LVPO would be preferable in this particular case, but I decided to go with the red dot/magnifier combination. I will try to post pictures and a review of the pistol, sight, and magnifier soon.

Being so new to PCP guns, and airguns in general—the .22 Gamo is the only other airgun I own—I was hoping that maybe people with experience might give me some advice and/or tips about shooting/cleaning/maintaining the GK1 (and/or any general wisdom about airgunning).

I am aware of the magazine lever’s susceptibility to breaking, but I just read something about the striker spring breaking too. I know how to avoid breaking the lever; what about the spring? If anyone knows of other issues with the GK1, please let me know. Also, please let me know of any common mistakes or bad habits that should be avoided when using airguns.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback or helpful comments. Thanks 🙂!

Last edited:
Congrats on getting the GK1. I have one in .25 also and it's a real powerhouse! Thus far I have done nothing to mine other than add an optic. Power was perfect as set when it arrived, so I haven't even messed with that. Accuracy is outstanding using both H&N FTT 20.06 grain and JSB 24.30 grain pellets!

Being new to PCP, you did not mention how you were planning on filling the GK1. It takes a 5000 psi fill, although you don't have to fill it to full capacity. I use my GX Pumps CS4 to fill mine, but I have also ready that it is fillable using a hand pump. If you haven't already, you may want to look into getting some sort of fill device, or your fun with the new gun will be relatively short! Here's a link to the GX Pumps website. The CS4 is currently sold out, but the have a nice sale on their other compressors as well.

Good luck and enjoy your new GK1!

Congrats on getting the GK1. I have one in .25 also and it's a real powerhouse! Thus far I have done nothing to mine other than add an optic. Power was perfect as set when it arrived, so I haven't even messed with that. Accuracy is outstanding using both H&N FTT 20.06 grain and JSB 24.30 grain pellets!

Being new to PCP, you did not mention how you were planning on filling the GK1. It takes a 5000 psi fill, although you don't have to fill it to full capacity. I use my GX Pumps CS4 to fill mine, but I have also ready that it is fillable using a hand pump. If you haven't already, you may want to look into getting some sort of fill device, or your fun with the new gun will be relatively short! Here's a link to the GX Pumps website. The CS4 is currently sold out, but the have a nice sale on their other compressors as well.

Good luck and enjoy your new GK1!
Thank you for the reply. The first thing I ordered when I decided to get the GK1 was a hand pump. I bought it on Amazon where it was advertised as a Beeman model 6600. I did a google search for the pump and found this page (although there was no way to purchase items directly from the Beeman site):

IMG_2245.png

Although the description states the pump will “allow you to reach a maximum of 4500 psi”, the specs show the pump’s maximum working pressure as 5800 psi. I’m going to try using this to fill the GK1. Depending on how it goes, I’ll make a decision regarding whether or not I will buy a compressor, a different pump, or use this Beeman. Doing research on hand pumps, I did notice that Huben’s $300+ hand pump is basically the only one I came across that is unambiguously rated to use up to 5000 psi. The Beeman 6600 is the only other well known brand of hand pump that even suggests it might work at 5000 psi. I really didn’t want to spend over $300 on a hand pump. I figured I might as well get a compressor if I’m going to spend that much. But nearly all compressors also have the same 4500 max psi rating. I guess I could always just choose not to fill the gun over 4500 psi, but it’d be nice to be able to fully utilize the GK1’s maximum capabilities.

I placed an order for my .25 caliber Huben GK1 pistol on November 14th. It’s expected to arrive on the 20th. I was fortunate enough to skip the pre-ordering and long wait times. This will be the first PCP gun I’ve owned. I currently have a .22 break-barrel first generation Gamo swarm magnum. I’m very satisfied with the gun and it has fulfilled my shooting needs and desires ever since I bought it. I never thought I would get a PCP just because of the cost and the hassle of filling. But as soon as I saw a single YouTube video demonstrating the GK1, I just knew I had to have it.

After much research, I decided to buy some optics (along with snap-in dovetail to picatinny rail adapters for mounting):

VOTATU RMD502 Multiple Reticle Red Dot Sight

VOTATU M3X Red Dot Magnifier

I originally intended to buy only the red dot. But after receiving it and looking at it, I realized that my astigmatism rendered the reticle(s) nearly useless. After googling solutions for astigmatism and red dots, I decided to purchase the magnifier to alleviate the sight’s perceived blurriness. It arrived today and I looked at the red dot through it; the reticle appeared crystal clear and razor sharp. I know some people may say that a prism scope or an LVPO would be preferable in this particular case, but I decided to go with the red dot/magnifier combination. I will try to post pictures and a review of the pistol, sight, and magnifier soon.

Being so new to PCP guns, and airguns in general—the .22 Gamo is the only other airgun I own—I was hoping that maybe people with experience might give me some advice and/or tips about shooting/cleaning/maintaining the GK1 (and/or any general wisdom about airgunning).

I am aware of the magazine lever’s susceptibility to breaking, but I just read something about the striker spring breaking too. I know how to avoid breaking the lever; what about the spring? If anyone knows of other issues with the GK1, please let me know. Also, please let me know of any common mistakes or bad habits that should be avoided when using airguns.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback or helpful comments. Thanks 🙂!

You're going to love your new GK1!

I just purchased the battery powered GX E-L2 on Amazon for under $300. I am very pleased with it so far. With the GX E-L2, I can fill my GK1 .22 14 times from about 150-250 bar before needing to charge the battery. That's much more than a days worth of shooting for me.

Reactions: JDGriz
Thank you for the reply. The first thing I ordered when I decided to get the GK1 was a hand pump. I bought it on Amazon where it was advertised as a Beeman model 6600. I did a google search for the pump and found this page (although there was no way to purchase items directly from the Beeman site):

View attachment 407646

Although the description states the pump will “allow you to reach a maximum of 4500 psi”, the specs show the pump’s maximum working pressure as 5800 psi. I’m going to try using this to fill the GK1. Depending on how it goes, I’ll make a decision regarding whether or not I will buy a compressor, a different pump, or use this Beeman. Doing research on hand pumps, I did notice that Huben’s $300+ hand pump is basically the only one I came across that is unambiguously rated to use up to 5000 psi. The Beeman 6600 is the only other well known brand of hand pump that even suggests it might work at 5000 psi. I really didn’t want to spend over $300 on a hand pump. I figured I might as well get a compressor if I’m going to spend that much. But nearly all compressors also have the same 4500 max psi rating. I guess I could always just choose not to fill the gun over 4500 psi, but it’d be nice to be able to fully utilize the GK1’s maximum capabilities.
They are sold out at the moment, but the link I provided in my previous posy fills to 5000 psi. It's currently the only one on the market, in that price range, that will fill to 5000 psi. When you are ready to invesy in a compressor, I would take a closer look at the CS4. Also, GX Pumps has a coupon code [GX10OFF] that will get you 10% off any compressor. Have fun with the new GK1 when it arrives!