Huben GK1 mounts etc.

I found another way to mount a rail (on the rear of the pistol):

View attachment 416947

Use a 11mm Dovetail To Picatinny Rail Adaptor like this:

View attachment 416943

Remove some of the dovetail edges but leave enough so the rail can still clamp onto the GK1 dovetail rail.
And drill a fixing hole at the back (aligning with the fixing hole for the original rear sight):

View attachment 416944
(The fixing hole is estimated on this picture, make sure to align this correctly.)

Clamp it onto the dovetail, fixe the rear sight screw. The result is a rail that is fixed in 2 places :)

View attachment 416946

This is a 150mm long adaptor, but there is also a 200mm version available. And together with the smaller versions you can cover the whole top dovetail with picatinny!
This is not that easy unfortunately. It is a lot of scrapping the hard aluminum. I had to drill in a bed for the nut that protrudes 1mm from the top in my GK1 in the exactly right sport. I also could not use the original sight screw, it is way too short. I used an M3 (metric 3mm diameter) 10mm bolt with a similar head. I had to drill a space for this bolt large head inside the picatini rail floor which is itself only 2.5mm thick so you need to be really precise or you will ruin the whole thing. I also put a spacer under the rail to be able to tighten the bolt on the same level without bending the rail. Took me a day and some additional instruments, but I managed to get it done.

IMG_20240316_003409.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PCPFanNL
My opinion is that anything that raises the sight line above the barrel center any more than absolutely necessary is bad because it creates an unnecessary target hold over and hold under issue, especially at short range. Next, there is no technical reason to have a reflex sight mounted at the rear of the pistol. It adds no value other than perceived aesthetics. Of course this is not so with open sights where the length of the sight plane adds accuracy. The 11 mm rail is the historical standard for air guns. It works without any issues. It is especially more appropriate for pistols than the weaver/picatinny rail because of size. The larger rail systems are more appropriate for rifles and larger, heavier accessories, but are a disadvantage on pistols.

I am a big fan of unmagnified reflex sights for air pistols because of field of view and hold over requirements at distance without loosing the view of the target. The disadvantage of reflex sights is the large sight dot, which is a non-issue at short distances, but can be severe at long distances. There is also a big difference in quality when it comes to these sights and their glass. I find the Holosun sights are some of the best, especially their 2 mm dot versions. Frustratingly, their mounts raise the mounting height too high and they only seem to natively fit the picatinny rail. I mention this because I have located a Picatinny rail to 11 mm rail adapter that does not raise the sight height. This adapter is two spring loaded spacer rails. It works very well and has allowed me to achieve a 29 mm spacing between glass center and barrel center on my two GK1s.

My opinion is that anything that raises the sight line above the barrel center any more than absolutely necessary is bad because it creates an unnecessary target hold over and hold under issue, especially at short range. Next, there is no technical reason to have a reflex sight mounted at the rear of the pistol. It adds no value other than perceived aesthetics. Of course this is not so with open sights where the length of the sight plane adds accuracy. The 11 mm rail is the historical standard for air guns. It works without any issues. It is especially more appropriate for pistols than the weaver/picatinny rail because of size. The larger rail systems are more appropriate for rifles and larger, heavier accessories, but are a disadvantage on pistols.

I am a big fan of unmagnified reflex sights for air pistols because of field of view and hold over requirements at distance without loosing the view of the target. The disadvantage of reflex sights is the large sight dot, which is a non-issue at short distances, but can be severe at long distances. There is also a big difference in quality when it comes to these sights and their glass. I find the Holosun sights are some of the best, especially their 2 mm dot versions. Frustratingly, their mounts raise the mounting height too high and they only seem to natively fit the picatinny rail. I mention this because I have located a Picatinny rail to 11 mm rail adapter that does not raise the sight height. This adapter is two spring loaded spacer rails. It works very well and has allowed me to achieve a 29 mm spacing between glass center and barrel center on my two GK1s.
I personally have two major reasons for wanting to put sight towards the back:

1. Balance - heavier sights like my infrared holder on the picture and 4x Vector Optics Scope are progressively more uncomfortable and make the pistol very top heavy, the further away from the grip that they go.
2. Distance to my eyes. I have two sights, a red dot and the aforementioned 4x24 Micro Prism Scope that are unusable if I straighten my hand and they are not at the back of the pistol.

I cannot agree more on the issue with how much the sight is raised above the barrel. Its a big problem when you have to aim quickly on very short distances. The spacer rails mentioned are great, but I have found they don't always work, my Paragon Micro Prism Scope is one example.

Last edited:
Reactions: markhooper
Does anyone know of a bottom/lower rail adapter that will fit the GK1? It seems the Saber Tactical "34mm Bottle Clamp ST0005" is the closest thing I've found, but I am worried it might be slightly too large. I attached pictures to demonstrate the type of adapter I'm talking about. I greatly appreciate if someone could give a recommendation or point me in the right direction!

IMG_9003.jpeg

IMG_9002.jpeg

Does anyone know of a bottom/lower rail adapter that will fit the GK1? It seems the Saber Tactical "34mm Bottle Clamp ST0005" is the closest thing I've found, but I am worried it might be slightly too large. I attached pictures to demonstrate the type of adapter I'm talking about. I greatly appreciate if someone could give a recommendation or point me in the right direction!

View attachment 447572

View attachment 447573
Closest thing I know of is the mount by ‘Ethan Corb’ on the GK1 facebook group:

Nice guy, makes cool (alu!) stuff.

IMG_4265.jpeg